PDA

View Full Version : Does the Touriva fit down the aisle in an airplane?

nofeea
01-04-2006, 03:19 PM
I blew $200 on the Sit and Stroll only to find out that it's too wide to push down the aisle! If I travel without DH I'd love a seat I can just push down the aisle (maybe on a luggage dolly) or at least not have to carry above my head!!
Anyone know if the Touriva is narrow enough to fit past business class?
Thanks.

momtoB
01-04-2006, 03:32 PM
Funny thing - I've never actually tried! I usually just carry my Touriva over my arm (seat down, so it looks like an upside-down "L"). Sorry I can't help you with that one!

nofeea
01-04-2006, 03:57 PM
How tall are you?

(If I carry it over my arm I think it will still be hanging down at seat level. If I can walk down the aisle that way it might be ok- as long as I don't have to balance it up high totally above seat level. That way I still have another hand free for sheparding the kids. The ridiculous "Sit 'n Stroll" was so big and bulky it had to be held ALL THE WAY up.)

catfeet
01-04-2006, 04:44 PM
Yes it does. I've carried it both in front of me and on my back. It fits just fine, matter of fact, It's skinnier than I am and I'm not big! lol!

Ann

Tondi G
01-04-2006, 05:28 PM
well thats pretty rediculous! They sell the sit n stroll with the idea that you can wheel it right up to your seat on a plane! I'd complain to the company and try to get your $$$ back!!!!

~Tondi

momtoB
01-04-2006, 07:50 PM
>How tall are you?
>
>(If I carry it over my arm I think it will still be hanging
>down at seat level. If I can walk down the aisle that way it
>might be ok- as long as I don't have to balance it up high
>totally above seat level. That way I still have another hand
>free for sheparding the kids. The ridiculous "Sit 'n Stroll"
>was so big and bulky it had to be held ALL THE WAY up.)

I'm 5'6". If I remember correctly I still had to hold it up a little bit but just not quite as high as if I had the seat turned upright. The nice thing about the Touriva though is it's just under 10lbs so not too terribly heavy.

Did you get a refund on the Sit 'n Stroll? I agree I would be upset too. Those things aren't cheap!

Btw I use a regular luggage carrier I got at Walmart for $15 but the darn car seat is so narrow it doesn't sit on it quite right. We always gate check the stroller anyway but I'd like it to work right because it was kind of going all over the place on me at the airport (very annoying esp. when I went thru security). Does anyone know what I can do beyond getting out the saudering kit and putting a crossbeam on to support the seat? I wish I had just bought the Samsonite Micromover I saw online. Would have been slightly more expensive but I think it would have worked better because of the "v" design.