PDA

View Full Version : Expecting twins

slyangel9
01-04-2006, 08:10 PM
I currently have a 2004 Toyota 4Runner (5 passenger, not 7). I also have a two year old and am now expecting twins. Does anyone know if I can fit 3 Britax seats in the back.

By the way, I currently have a MA and a roundabout and plan to buy another MA.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.
Brad

Joolsplus2
01-05-2006, 09:37 AM
Um.... maybe? Probably not? I'd seriously look at the new Radian seat from www.skjp.com as it is SO narrow, it should work ok with a couple Britaxes (It also goes to 65 pounds and has ~18 inch top slots...I've seen an 8 yo fit in one!). The Graco Platinum/Ultra Cargo or Cosco Scenera seats are exceptionally narrow, as well, but probably not the quality you are used to in the Britax (and the Radian is reported to be quite high quality, too, I just haven't seen one yet, but plan to get one for the center of my Escape, which is shockingly narrow...)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

slyangel9
01-05-2006, 12:49 PM
Jools, thanks for the response. I will look into this. I'm really surprised that this is made for a 5lb baby. Do you know if this is larger than the MA?

Right now I still have time (close to 1 year) since the babies will not be born until June at which I will use infant only carseats for 6 months. Please let us know if you do pick this up (Radian), I'm really curious as to the quality compared to the Britax.

Zansu
01-05-2006, 03:45 PM
I can fit a MA,RA, and some sort of forward-only Evenflo (DS#1's friend's seat) in my 1997 4Runner.

If the middle seat is FF, you should be able to get two RF seats installed in the outer positions.

I do not think you can get 3 RF or 3 FF.

If you're tall, I would get a second RA instead of the MA, b/c the RA fits better RF.

slyangel9
03-29-2006, 04:25 PM
FYI - I have confirmed that I can fit a Marathon and 2 Graco infant seat in the second row of my 4Runner. The seat barely fit in without hitting either door.

tomsmomma
03-30-2006, 04:26 AM
hhmm Britax seats are pretty big from what I've seen.. are your seats big? you may be able to fit them in if they are not huge! tell me more about your twins!

kate4478
03-30-2006, 04:53 PM
I actually fit a MA ff, RA ff & a graco turbo bb in a 2000 4-Runner. I have a pic of them, I will try to post, if i can figure out how to do that! :-)