PDA

View Full Version : Number to call for child not in a seat?

ktandgt
01-07-2006, 12:59 AM
I couldn't think of where else to ask this. I am in AZ and I think there is a number to call to report someone driving with a child without a carseat. Anyone know where I can get this number?
I can't stand this when I see this!

Zansu
01-07-2006, 11:32 AM
Pima County has a crime line, but I think you're in Maricopa. Call the non-emergency number for your city police or county sheriff.

tjham
01-07-2006, 09:20 PM
http://www.lawforkids.org/speakup/view_question.cfm?id=17279&topic=DRIVING

kimbe
01-08-2006, 09:08 AM
That is AWESOME! I am going to check around to see if they have anything like that in NY!

carryingandstrollingabout
01-08-2006, 10:03 AM
Get this!!!

My friend's child was waiting for schoolbus on bitterly cold day. Schoolbus nowhere in sight and very late, so she started driving her kids to school. Along the way, she felt compelled to pick up the other kids waiting for the bus, whether she knew them or not, and without booster seats, as many as she could fit in the car. These kids would have been in early gradeschool 6 or 7 or 8 or so.

I expressed horror, but she really feels the kids would have frozen to death and that they couldn't just go back in their houses, becaues a lot of parents leave for work before the schoolbuses come and just leave the kids outside (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

What would be your call in such a situation?

daniele_ut
01-08-2006, 10:32 AM
Well, in my state she was following the law which says only children 5 and under must be restrained in a child seat. We have no booster law here yet. I won't let my own child ride without a booster till he's really mature enough for a seatbelt, but people here routinely put their kids in boosters at 3 and out of them at 5. Sad, yes, but legal.