PDA

View Full Version : Best Infant Seat for Honda Odyssey 2006?

MimiSirois
01-07-2006, 08:49 PM
Any recommendations for an infant car seat w/the Honda Odyssey 2006? There's very limited info from www.carseatdata.org because the vehicle is so new. Or can some people just tell me what they decided was the best infant seat for them? I definitely want an infant seat for the beginning months. I'm due in April and plan on using it with the Baby Trend Snap 'n Go or Sit 'n Stand (since I have a 3YO).

Grace Snugride?
Chicco KeyFit?

I went through this 4 years ago (had a different vehicle at the time) and, just like then, my current research is driving me bonkers! So thank you in advance to all you lovely, helpful people who help keep me sane!

TIA!
Michele

murphydog77
01-08-2006, 02:17 AM
Hi Michele. It's even extra crazy this year because there are so many new infant seat models out. Since the insides of the 2006 Ody didn't change from the 2005, you can also look up that MY in the database for info.

Personally, I'd skip the SnugRide. It's never been my favorite seat because I've always had to use a locking clip when installing it with a lap/shoulder seat belt. But, if you're using LATCH, then no problem. The new Graco Safe Seat goes to 30 lbs. and you'll get much more use out of it.

The KeyFit is also a very nice seat. Easy, simple, light.

I also like the Combi Connection, but it's got a unique belt path that takes some getting used to.

Heather, CPS Tech
http://www.CarSeatSite.com

Joolsplus2
01-09-2006, 12:24 PM
Basically any seat should fit... oddly in my 2003 Ody the Key Fit fits BETTER with the seatbelt than the LATCH, though (same with the Britax Companion... very strange...)...but, unless you are wanting to install the seat in the passenger-pushed-to-the-center position, ir really doesn't matter at all (if the LATCH doesn't work, then just use the seatbelt, it's a GREAT install of the Key Fit). Even the Snugride2 is fine, with LATCH..

But yeah, like Heather says, no worries about fitting the seat to the car, really, just picking the right seat (I DO like the Connection, it's so nice and light compared to even the Key Fit!)

Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

whimsytwins
01-10-2006, 09:26 AM
We have the 2005 Hondya Odyssey Touring and I don't think the seat configuration has changed in the 2006 models. We used the Graco Snug Ride seats and had no problems and we have twins. We just switched to the Britax Boulevard and they fit also with no problem. Enjoy your Odyssey. We love ours.
Jess
7.5 month old b/g twins

MimiSirois
01-10-2006, 11:06 AM
Thank you, all!!

And congrats on your twins!

Michele