PDA

View Full Version : Can I recline the RA forward facing?

jamsmu
01-08-2006, 12:25 AM
DH did it, and I told him he shouldn't, but now I'm thinking maybe I'm wrong.

We have an RA, FF in our Honda Pilot. DS is 28 months, only 25 lbs.

He'll be switching to the MA soon, when DS2 moves into the RA--RF (yes... I know that needs ot recline.) So can I recline that too?

Thanks!!

murphydog77
01-08-2006, 02:11 AM
Hi Julie. Yes, technically it can be reclined. But, it would be better if it were upright since the seat is already a bit reclined anyway, even when it's in the upright mode. In a crash, we want all the parts of the harness to absorb the crash forces and if it's too reclined, the force would tend to be concentrated in the crotch area (ouch!).

Did you know that he's still under the weight limit for rear-facing? If he still falls asleep a lot and your dh reclined the seat because ds1's head lolls about, you might want to reconsider having it rear-facing. It's actually safer that way.

Heather, CPS Tech
http://www.CarSeatSite.com

jamsmu
01-08-2006, 10:16 PM
Thanks so much Heather.

Yes, I know he's still under the weight... but I turned it over a year ago when he was having an EARLY tantrum. It calmed it. Guess you can say I totally gave in. I've thought of turning it again, but I really think its too late. (Gosh, I feel like a terrible mama.)

Thanks for the info and reply... I'll make sure DH knows this. DS rarely falls asleep in the car, but for long trips I may try turning it.