PDA

View Full Version : Switched from Marathon to Parkway...

carryingandstrollingabout
01-08-2006, 10:00 AM
My child is 4.5, 43 inches, 43 lbs... So it seemed like time to switch from car seat to booster, since child was asking, since her friends are in boosters.

And I know that a Marathon is inherently safer than a booster...

But boy that booster shifts around! After the must-not-move-an-inch rule of the Marathon, that booster can move all over!

Did I install correctly?

Is it okay for boosters to move around like that?

SusanMae
01-08-2006, 12:29 PM
Boosters are definatly different--booster on seat, child in seat and belt around child and through guides. The seat will move with the child in an accident as opposed to keeping child in place.

How is your daughter doing sitting in the booster---if she doesn't and you are reminding her all the time to sit up then she needs to go back into the Marathon and make her aware of the action/consequence.

Susan

Joolsplus2
01-09-2006, 05:35 PM
That's just 'kind of how they are'...gosh, I'm getting so entrenched in the safety of harnessing that I can't even imagine putting my 6 yo dd in a booster full time... I'd personally make your dd at least wait till Kindergarten (her friends will always be doing something dangerous you don't want her to do so young, trust me, don't start giving in NOW ;) )
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx