PDA

View Full Version : narrow car seats

RebeccaL
01-08-2006, 09:07 PM
Hi all! Someone from another board directed me here.

We have a family immigrating to Canada and at least for the first while, they will be staying at my parents' house. The 2 year old is about 30 lbs. In Ontario, the kids have to be harnassed until 40lbs and then booster until 80lbs and/or age 8 and/or 4'9". Until they are settled and have their own car, there will be times when we will need to put 4 adults and the child in a VW Golf. We're not blind here, we know it will be squishy. But, can someone direct me to skinny car seats?

Thanks,

Rebecca

SusanMae
01-08-2006, 09:19 PM
Is the Radian available in Canada? Maybe check www.carseatdata.com for width measurements?

Susan

RebeccaL
01-08-2006, 09:26 PM
What brand is the Radian? It would seem that on that carseatdata site, I need to have the brand name first, then the model name.

SusanMae
01-08-2006, 10:33 PM
Sunshine Kids makes the radian. It's pretty new, but from what I hear one of the most narrow.

Susan

jujucb
01-09-2006, 03:19 AM
Sorry, no Radian here. My first thought is to look at the Cosco Touriva 5pt or any of it's cousins. The Safety1st version at www.sears.ca is a good price and nicely padded. Next up, the Graco CarGo or Evenflo Chase/Traditions/Visions. I think the knobs on the Evenflo Generations might make the seat wider, but I haven't tried it out yet.