PDA

View Full Version : Sit 'n Stroll Car Steat Stroller

bales68
01-09-2006, 08:19 AM
Hi all, just wondering if anyone has this convertible car seat/stroller and what your thoughts are on it. My husband and I are planning to fly to FL for vacation in March and are trying to figure out an easier way to lug our daughter and car seat through the airport. She will be six months when we fly. We have the Peg Perego infant carrier and it cannot be used without the base so we thought this would be a good option.

How is it as a stroller if we need to use it outside of the airport? I don't think we'll need it for other then one day as we are planning to rent the strollers at Disney. How is it at buckling into an airline seat? Any comments would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Mary

momtoB
01-09-2006, 12:24 PM
sorry duplicate post!

momtoB
01-09-2006, 12:26 PM
Sorry, Duplicate post!

momtoB
01-09-2006, 12:26 PM
I read a post somewhere here someone said that it doesn't fit down the aisle of the airplane so you would have to pick the whole thing up to carry it down the aisle of the airplane, but I'm not sure how much that matters to you...

You could always buy a Cosco Scenera for about $50 and strap it to a Samsonite Micromover: http://www.jcpenney.com/jcp/Products.aspx?DeptID=0&CatID=025919&Grptyp=PRD&ItemId=0ae8e69
The whole pkg would cost you $75 and then you'd have a spare car seat to use where-ever. Even though it's Cosco and a basic, inexpensive one at that, this seat is pretty highly recommended. We use the Touriva for traveling (which the Scenera replaced, basically the same seat) and it works great - easy to install, light, narrow (will fit in any airline seat).

Or you could get a Britax RA or MA/BV/Decathlon now and add on a Gogo Kidz Cart (approx $80) which turns the seat into a sit-n-stroll. http://www.babyuniverse.com/pro.asp?id=75187&rc=froogle75187&srccode=cii_14110944&cpncode=07-4985144-2

Then you'd be all set whenever you travel and you'd also have a great carseat you can use every day once your little one outgrows the infant carrier.

Just a though...hth!

Zansu
01-09-2006, 12:48 PM
Just use your stroller to carry her through the airport, and gate check the stroller for the flight. I used the PP carseat with a Pliko and was able to wedge the carseat base in/on the stroller with no problems.

I actually preferred to use a base on the plane and while travleing b/c I was able to install the base securely without having to hold the baby or having to jostle him around while I installed the seat.

If you're not taking a stroller, I agree with the PP that you should just take a convertible seat with you.

mariza
01-09-2006, 06:46 PM
The Sit n Stroll is very bulky and from I understand not a great carseat, it costs about $200 and will probably only be used for when you travel. At 6 months your DD will be moving out of her infant seat soon so I would do as the PP suggested and get a Britax with the GoGo Kidz wheel attachment. This way you at least have a carseat that you can always use and it's something you have to buy anyway. Roundabouts can be found for about $150 these days and the GoGo Kidz are about $90. It's not an inexpensive option, but again, you need the convertable carseat anyway. We travel by plane alot and the GoGo Kidz is something I can't live without at this point. We check our stroller in at the curb and wheel DD down to the gate in her carseat, also the RA can fit down the aisles of most jets. An MD-88 was the only one we had a problem with so far. HTH!

Momof3Labs
01-09-2006, 09:14 PM
Are you sure that you want to rent a stroller at Disney? They are NOT made for 6 month old babies; I wouldn't even put an 18 month old in one for very long. Here are photos of their strollers:

http://allearsnet.com/pl/strol_faq.htm

Plus, then you wouldn't have a stroller outside of the parks - and there is still a lot of walking at Disney outside of the parks (to the busses or your car, to the hotel room, around Downtown Disney, etc.). Not to mention the *yuck* factor that isn't as big of a deal with a toddler.

I'd absolutely bring a good stroller along for her - cushy, full recline, good hood to block the hot sun, etc. You can put the car seat in the seat of the stroller and carry her in a sling through the airport.

pittsburghgirl
01-10-2006, 01:43 PM
We used a Sit N Stroll (borrowed) on our trip to Vermont a few weeks ago.

On the plane: My DS is FF but I was a little skeptical of how it would install RF, it didn't look all that secure to me. Also, it only fit down the aisle on one of the four planes we were on. We had to take DS out the rest of the time and I had to lift it over my head to avoid hitting anyone with it while making my way to the seat. You usually need a seat belt extender (we did) to buckle it in.

It was ok for an in-airport stroller but I wouldn't like it outdoors. Too low to the ground, and my DS is much older.

In the car: a big hassle, the belt goes over top, with my DS we couldn't get him out w/o unbuckling the whole thing every time. A smaller child might be able to slide in and out.

It worked for us given that we couldn't use a stroller at our destination, but I don't plan to borrow it again. I would rather just use my super-lightweight Cosco Touriva (which I can carry one-handed, even while carrying DS in the other arm and with a big backpack on.)

As for Disney ITA with Lori, yikes I wouldn't use one of those for a small baby. I would take your stroller with you and buy a convertible seat to take. The Touriva/Scenara is really a fine seat (we use it in DH's car when not traveling) for this purpose, and it's only $50.

Marilee
mommy to James
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040120/1/1/1/-5/.png

mammanik
01-11-2006, 08:20 AM
>Are you sure that you want to rent a stroller at Disney?
>They are NOT made for 6 month old babies; I wouldn't even put
>an 18 month old in one for very long. Here are photos of
>their strollers:
>
>http://allearsnet.com/pl/strol_faq.htm
>

Good morning!

I just wanted to clarify about Disney strollers. There are 2 versions. The ones that are pictured are the regular strollers but they also have infant strollers which have a similiar body as the ones pictured but with a 3 or 5 point (can't remember which) harnessed infant seat (kind of like the grocery cart models) instead of the molded plastic seats. I live in Central Florida and go all the time (I used to work at Disney before kids and half my family still does)... All the infant strollers I've ever gotten were always clean enough for my babies (and I'm particular) although I know that doesn't speak for all of them in all the parks... Maybe it's because they're not used as often because a lot of folks don't know about them... I used to have people in line tell me they wished they knew about them... I prefer my own stroller but with dh working there, we get to rent strollers for free :)

Another note about strollers- they are available in all the parks as well as Downtown Disney. And for anyone who brings a stroller to the parks but would rather use the Disney stroller (so you don't have to worry about your own stroller or whatever reason) or if you just decide not to use a stroller at all (because you have a front or back carrier), you can check your stroller where you rent strollers and get a claim ticket to pick it up later.

If you have any other questions about Disney, you can email me at [email protected] :)

Hope this helps!
Nicole
Proud Mom of 5 Blessings

Megan 10-16-95
Joshua 12-04-97
Katelyn 7-14-01
Zachary 8-22-03
David Matthew 06-23-05