PDA

View Full Version : Traveling to France...Which Carseat?

ajweeks
01-11-2006, 12:16 PM
Hi,

We are traveling to France to visit my DH's brother and family in March. They have a Peugeot wagon, I thing the 307. It is fairly new I think. Is anyone on this board familiar with this car and installing car seats in it? Do European cars have latch and/or locking seat belts? We usually travel with a Touriva for my 15 month old DD (she is still RF), but we also have a RA. Do you think the Touriva would install ok in the Peugeot or should I bring the RA?

Thanks,

Amy

momtoB
01-11-2006, 01:18 PM
According to this site
http://www.channel4.com/4car/road-tests/P/peugeot/30701-/30701--safesec.html
"The front and outer-rear seatbelts have pre-tensioning with force limiters, and the front passenger 'bag can be deactivated for carrying a rear-facing baby seat. The front seats have whiplash-reducing headrests which spring forward on a rear impact, all three rear seats have three-point belts, and the standard anti-lock brakes include brake-force distribution and brake assist."
I think you would be fine with either seat. Now you just need to decide which one you want to take. Have fun! :)

SusanMae
01-11-2006, 06:47 PM
I would take the RA just because it has built in lock-offs. I think I've read that their seat belts aren't like ours. Also they have ISOFIX which is like LATCH, but I don't know if they are exactly the same.

Susan

ajweeks
01-12-2006, 01:25 PM
Thanks for the replies. I think I will bring the RA just for the easier install options. The Touriva is usually harder to install. Does anyone know about ISOFIX versus LATCH? Can I use the LATCH install on the RA with ISOFIX? Also, I have never flown with the RA, always the Touriva because it is more narrow and lighter weight. How does the RA install on airplanes? Does its greater width make a difference?

Thanks,

Amy