PDA

View Full Version : need major scenera help (long!)

knaidel
01-11-2006, 02:36 PM
we flew to NY from chicago this past sunday, and will be returning tommorrow. I haven't had too much luck with the scenera I bought for the trip, I figure it;s probably my fault because everyone else seems to love it!

First: the ride to the airport. My ILs drove us and I installed the seat rear facing. It was not tight at all, I felt like it would have been so easy for the seat to go flying. I also tried installing it rear facing on the plane (we flew ata if it makes a difference) and I could not get it in tight. I finally gave up and installed it forward facing. It made a big difference, and I felt like it was in there well. When my parents picked us up at the airport, again, I couldn't get it in tight in the car. My mom ended up borrowing an evenflo from a neghbor to use for the rest of the trip. However, I still have to install it on the plane once more, and get it in the car for the ride home from the airport. I have no idea what i am doing wrong! Why is it so loose? And why can I not get it in rf well?

o_mom
01-11-2006, 03:00 PM
Did you put a pool noodle or rolled up towel under the front? I had to do that for our Scenara when RF. The manual shows the front just sort of floating in mid-air, but you need something under it to get it really tight. Also try putting the belt in front of or behind the "horns/legs" on the front, that can make a difference depending on the car/belt configuration.

catfeet
01-11-2006, 03:23 PM
Have you tried it in any position other than the center? I have found that it will install outboard sometimes, where the center position is simply wobbly.

HTH,
Ann

bensmom
01-11-2006, 03:45 PM
Where does it feel loose? I have a Regal Ride, not a Scenera, but it definitely is somewhat wobbly at the top of the seat.

When you installed it on the airplane, did you raise the armrest and stick your weight into the bottom of the seat (sort of where your child's thighs would be) while pulling on the "tail" of the plane's belt? It should be tight with the plane's lap belt.

What type of belt were you using in the car?

Ilana

CPS Tech and mom

tjham
01-11-2006, 07:50 PM
Yes, I noticed that too, about the front of the Scenera "floating" RF. On another page for troubleshooting, they mention using a rolled up towel. Why the heck don't they say that on the ACTUAL PAGE where they are telling you how to install it???? And also why don't they mention the pool noodle? I think they work much better than rolled up towels.

o_mom
01-11-2006, 07:52 PM
It is quite odd - I kept looking at that page wondering how they managed to make it levitate!

tjham
01-11-2006, 07:55 PM
:D