PDA

View Full Version : What is a 2002 Laptop worth?

skipspin
01-11-2006, 03:48 PM
I have the chance to buy a PERFECT condition Laptop to use for other kids or DD in the future for traveling by air (use at destination) or carpooling. It's manf date is 4-02. DD just hit 30 lb. It will never be her primary seat, just for the situations mentioned above. What would you say it's worth. I know they have gone for lots of $$$ on ebay. They are asking $40, but will give it to me for $30. Also, do they expire like the other seats?
thanks for your opintion.
Joy
DD8-21-03
Hoping for a 10/06 baby

Joolsplus2
01-11-2006, 05:44 PM
I always think of it this way (yes, they expire...)...it's good for 6 years, the full original price was $60, that makes it $10 per year of use. There are 2 years left of use on it, a bit more... BUT...people sold them on Ebay for so long for such inflated prices, that everyone wants to make more off it because it is 'in demand'. So, $30 might be worth it... but $99 for a Ride Safer Travel Vest might last you a lot longer, be easier to haul by plane, and kids seem to like it more than the Laptop (as long as you have lap/shoulderbelts or lap+top tether anchors...that IS the best part of the Laptop...it can be used with a lap-only belt).

Anyway, it may be just right for you, and $30 isn't a bad price for that kind of use...

Just my 2.8 cents, lol.

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

skipspin
01-12-2006, 09:34 AM
Well, I haven't decided for sure, but I probably won't get the Laptop. I don't see us needing it until well after it is expired, and I'd still much rather keep DD in her WZ- even for trips. I move it around so much that I really don't mind doing it now.

So, in the interest of being nice- if anyone wants it I will send it to you for $40 (I found out I can't get it for $30- so that's my cost)plus actual shipping. Also, DH will be happy not to have an extra seat floating around. I just need to know by Friday night.