PDA

View Full Version : When do 2006 Britaxes come out?

redrobin
01-11-2006, 06:23 PM
I am in the market for 2 new BVs for my twins, and am curious as to when the new "model year" carseats usually come out, and are there then price drops on the older seats?

Also, are any changes expected to the BV in the new year? (Like maybe getting an adjustable crotch strap, hmmm?)

Lauren has about 1 more inch to grow before she's out of her Snugride, so just trying to gauge if there could be any advantage to waiting a couple of months to make the major Britax purchase, possibly fill in with a Scenara in the meanwhile that could then go to Grandma.

-Robin
w/ Lauren and Anna, 5mo.

Joolsplus2
01-11-2006, 07:14 PM
They already came out, it's not quite like stroller or car model years...usually they get a Fall debut, but there's not a definite schedule. I'm sort of hoping next year there'll be a BV with an adjustable crotch strap, but I'm not holding my breath...just look for a bargain in the time you have left now, I think (not that there are many bargains! bah!)

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

redrobin
01-11-2006, 09:47 PM
Many thanks, Julie for the info... BAH indeed to Britax though! I am having a hard time choosing between the adjustable crotch strap & pushbutton harness adjuster on the DC vs. the better SIP and the knob height adjuster on the BV. For almost 300 bucks you would think they would happily oblige with all of the above. I know this is a frequent complaint around here, but for the record I agree it is VERY ANNOYING!

I just missed out on the BRU deal on the BV at RA price. Ugh - back to the drawing board...

Thanks again,
Robin