PDA

View Full Version : Century Next Step questions

darby24
01-12-2006, 11:50 PM
Could someone help me out, please?

1. Can anyone remember how many years until it expires? It was bought in 2003 and if memory serves me, it sat at least a year on the shelf beforehand.

2. Am I correct that if sharing the seat between 2 kids (at different times of course!) that the harness should be set for the tallest kid?

My sister's in-laws have this seat and currently have it set in the middle slots. The Next Step listing has been taken off of Toby's compatibility data so I can't check the exact height of slots.

Nephew J is in the 4th slot in his MA, has outgrown my FPSE. Nephew S is in the 3rd slots in the MA, still fits in my FPSE.

So should the slots be moved up to the top? And this is still fine for my younger nephew, correct?

Luckily my sister installs the seat (and hence changes strap height) so at least I know the seat is installed correctly!

And yes we're in Canada, so I don't have to worry about the weight limit right now.

Joolsplus2
01-13-2006, 08:29 AM
Right, they should be at/above the tallest child's shoulders, but they don't HAVE to be in the top (all slots are reinforced). The top slots are about 17 inches, nice and high. There actually should be an expiration date stamped in the back of the seat somewhere...probably the December 6 years after the DOM...so if made in 2002, it would expire 12-2008, but MAYBE 2007, it really should be stamped on the seat to verify, though...somewhere...on the back/bottom, I'm sure.
Yeah, the harness holds an FF kid BACK, not down, like an RF seat does, so it's ok if it's above the shoulders one extra notch, of course making sure the harness is nicely snug on the front of the shoulders, and the chest clip is properly aligned with the armpits.

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

darby24
01-15-2006, 05:44 PM
Thanks Julie. :-)

Seeing as my oldest nephew is above my FPSE slots, I'm betting he's above the middle slots in the Next Step (though like I said, I can't find the measurements anymore online).

I'll get my sister to look at the DOM when she changes the straps, I just couldn't remember how many years Century's are good for. So, thanks again!

Getting close to your due date, aren't you? February sticks in my mind. Good luck!

Joolsplus2
01-15-2006, 07:11 PM
Yup, maybe three more weeks to go for me...early Feb, I guess (due date? who trusts those? rofl!)...can't be soon enough for me, as this is one active little gal in here (ouch! my ribs! ;)). I have 5 infant seats so far, so I guess I'm ready :D.

Hope the NextStep works out for y'all!

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx