PDA

View Full Version : What not to do with your Combi Avatar

miki
01-13-2006, 06:54 PM
When we drove back home from the holidays, we needed to wash the seat's cover because of a diaper leak. While DH was trying to put the clean cover back on the seat, DD came over to help by pulling on the strap at the base of the seat that tightens everything once your kid is buckled in. Before we could do anything, she pulled and pulled until there was no more to pull. To use the technical term from Combi customer service, this DESTROYS the seat. No way to fix it. When DH called Combi, he was able to buy a replacement carseat for a discount--$50, rather than the $150 retail price. I suppose that was nice of them but I still don't like the carseat--too difficult to buckle.

Joolsplus2
01-15-2006, 08:48 PM
Ooooh, that sucks! I hate to say it, but that happened at the store where I worked...we lost the adjuster strap in the bowels of the seat, and several of us clever folks couldn't do ANYTHING to get it back out... so what I hate to say is that phew, I'm glad it wasn't OUR shortcomings! (it's WAY worse for you, it was your seat!!!! We just lost a floor model!)

Anyway, thanks for sharing, even though it's not a happy tale.
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx