PDA

View Full Version : Frivolous Britax Car Seat Matching Question

iznav
02-07-2006, 03:40 PM
As a result of being stuck in the house with three sick kids (with one that will only fall asleep if I wear him in a MeiTai and bounce on the exercise ball with the white noise CD playing) I have started obsessing about the car seats in my car having to match. LOL

I have my DDs in Marathons in Arctic Cat. I've decided I want to get a Decathlon for DS. Does anyone happen to know if the MA Arctic Cat covers would coordinate with the DC Odyssey pattern from BRU? I actually like the Tribecca but don't think it will match my car interior (grey) or the "Cats". Anyone have any advice/opinion on my silly issue?

TIA!

kboyle
02-07-2006, 03:53 PM
I was looking for roundabout cat prints since DS1s RA is a cat print, unfortunately, i couldn't find one. not even a cow, no animals. i ended up just getting a gray RA yesterday. they don't match and i'm sad....oh well, hope you have better luck matching. i might try and find an animal RA cover.

carolines mommy
02-07-2006, 05:32 PM
I just have to say I don't think it is silly at all! I had to have both Arctic cat MA in my car so I switched the cover on the MA in DH's car to the new blues. He has 2 new blues, I have 2 arctic cats. Would have driven me nuts if they didn't match or at least coordinate!

Erika
Mommy to Caroline Nov 03 and Chelsea April 05

MamaParis
02-07-2006, 06:56 PM
LOL! Not silly at all! :)

While I try to let the kids have "fun" car seats and not boring "car interior friendly" fabrics ... I DO like them to coordinate their seats with some kind of universal theme or colorway! LOL

In DHs vehicle right now we have a Funky Denim Wizard (DS), and a Cowmooflage Marathon (DD)

In My car we have a Cowmooflage Roundabout (DS) and a Cowmooflage Marathon (DD)

NOW ... I'm having a HUGE dilema in finalizing a seat fabric choices for the next child.

We already have decided to move our Maxi Cosi Priori (in Ziggy - Zebra) fabric to DHs truck and turn DD forward facing at this point (sniff sniff ... :( ) and then we are giving the Wizard to a freind of ours who NEEDS a new seat and for some reason loves the blue jean fabric on it ... and we wil be replacing it with a Zebra Marathon for DS and the new baby will be in the Cowmooflage Roundabout in there now.
So that means M.C. Priori (Ziggy / Zebra) fabric for DD ... Zebra Marathon for DS ... and Cowmooflage RA for the new baby .

SOOOO ... that means a little re-arranging in my car as well.
DD will be in the Cowmooflage Marathon, DS will be in the other Cowmooflage Marathon ... and that leave the new baby with a TOTALLY unmatching car seat ... depending on birth size ... either the Iceberg Chicco KeyFit ... or a Decathlon (tiffany if its a girl and tribecca if its a boy ...)
And BOY I'm not happy about that.
I was going to get an Onyx Decathlon to coordinate .. but I HATED the fabric on it! HATED it!

I just wish that they'd come out with some new Decathlon and Boulevard fabrics QUICK! I can't take the ones they have anymore ... AHHHHH :)

So .. thats my silly car seat matching rambings for the day! :)

iznav
02-07-2006, 08:25 PM
Oh good, I'm glad other people are worrying about matching too! I love the Cowmoo and Zebra Marathons too! The more I look at the Odyssey cover, the more I think it won't match. So, my latest thought was to get the Onyx DC. I read on some other forum through a Google search that the infant paddings on the Onyx have the soft fabric on the other side and they can just be flipped over - I haven't confirmed this yet - anyone know for sure? So, I'm thinking Onyx wouldn't be too bad. I also have a Stormy MA cover somewhere that was sidelined when I got a matching Cat so I could use that too I guess, but what I really want to do is buy a Zebra MA cover for the DC and put it on the Onyx DC with the pads reversed. But, should I really be spending extra dough to do that...I do have a credit and some "bucks" at Babystyle that I don't know what do do with...hmmm

Well, if no one has done this I might just have to make myself the guinea pig and do it and take pics for the good of this forum, right?!!!