PDA

View Full Version : One more MA fabric question Granite and Houndstooth

casey118
02-08-2006, 11:42 PM
I hope you can stand to answer another question about these...

I know the Granite is plush but nubby. Does anyone know (or think) that the texture would be irritating to kid's skin? Also, what is it made out of? I couldn't find in on Britax's website. I had the Marina plush before which was soft but seemed hot compared to my Fido blend fabric. Does this seem the same?

About the Houndstooth- it seems soft but not plush? The website says it is a cotton/poly blend. Any sense of whether it will be more or less hot/sweaty than the Granite?

As ususal, I'm driving myself crazy with the details. The interior of my car is light gray leather so I think either would look nice.

TIA! Kimberly

Kidrepair
02-09-2006, 07:31 AM
We have a MA in Granite and a PW in Granite for both of my DD's. It is nubby but soft like you said, we just took a 16 hr. car trip overnite and both girls seemed comfy and my 6 yr. old loves how soft it is. HTH

Zansu
02-09-2006, 10:24 AM
The houndstooth feels just like any of the other plush fabrics to me. I'm comparing it to cowmooflage, arctic cat and microdot.

DS has never complained about it, and we're in shorts most of the year.

Kat_Mom2D_J_andRuthie
02-09-2006, 12:27 PM
we have a Marathon in Cowmoo, but right now it has a Granite cover on it for my son... he likes it better than the cowprint... don't even begin to ask me why... we got it on sale at bru and I thought it would make a good extra cover and also give him his own persoanl cover... he went nuts for the idea and loves it so much.

we cut the foot part off a pair of socks to serve as harness covers (per tech approval on the bbc board) and we lost the belly pad from him getting in and out, but he's fine without it.

We recently did a 10hr trip to Pa and then the same trip back home... superbowl... and he was very comfy... he calls it his comfy seat... and he really loves it.

and I love that it kind of looks like the arctic cat when you see it in person.... and it matches my interior so well... even though that never mattered, it's nice.

Kat

casey118
02-10-2006, 11:32 PM
Thanks for your advice. I was able to find them both in a store, and I chose the Houndstooth. I wanted to like the Granite more, but in person I just didn't. The Houndstooth reminds me more of a chamois cloth. They are both soft, but I liked the Houndstooth more because the fabric was softer when rubbed in both directions, whereas I thought the Granite was less soft when rubbed up than down, if that makes any sense. Neither is as soft as the Marina plush, although the nap on the Marina plush seems a big longer. Hope this helps someone else as well. Thanks again!