PDA

View Full Version : Ques./Problem with bottom seat belt in a Britax Marathon.

sue_g
02-11-2006, 08:45 PM
I have two Britax Marathons (RF) and the bottom/vertical part of the seat belt always gets stuck under my children. I have to reach my hand under and pull it out every time. Should it stay down like a stroller belt does? Is there anything I can do? Is it like this on all Marathons?

Thank you.

Kat_Mom2D_J_andRuthie
02-11-2006, 09:51 PM
I would go as far as to say it is like this on all carseats... except the Regent, maybe, if the kid hovers and lowers themselves into it... but otherwise, all carseats... because of the curve of the seat and the belt length combined with it being heavier at the buckle by so much.

when kids start getting in and out of strollers themselves, you'll have this same issue.

Don't worry... kids don't mind.

Kat

kellyotn
02-11-2006, 10:25 PM
I left the belly pads on, just to have something additional to grab. :) Sometimes they just sit on the pad, sometimes I position it properly.

If your MA's are newer, they should be on very tight. The older ones just fell off though. (I "attached" mine using pony tail elastics strung through the loop that strap makes under the buckle.)

jujucb
02-12-2006, 05:52 AM
Just agreeing, all the car seats I have owned will do this. I was always digging around for the crotch strap. I feel the belly pads make it a lot easier to find. I did have to stitch the hole on the belly pad tighter to keep it from falling off.

First I teach my kids to get into their seat and then I teach them to pull the belly pad forward. No more digging around for me lol!

Sarah1
02-12-2006, 03:51 PM
Mine is like that too, and the bigger Audrey gets the more frequently I have to pull it out from under her tush. It's annoying.