PDA

View Full Version : Manufacture Dates? How Old

haydee
02-12-2006, 08:10 PM
I am getting ready to buy my first convertible car seat . I was wondering how old a manufacture date should I expect when picking something up from a store or from online? Are these usually a couple of months or what? Is it ok to open the box to check what the dates are when picking up at a store. I am interested in getting the longest life out of it possible in case I have a second child. When buying something new from a website, should I call and ask? I am imagining this will be similar to buying milk, except I have no idea what is a reasonable date and would be too old, and did not want to be visiting different stores.

Thanks, H

Aunt to sweet baby boy
02-12-2006, 08:15 PM
I think it depends on the seat and pattern and everything. If a seat is well liked and the patern is hard to find you will most likely have a newer experation date. I would open the box to check in the store, and if i could not do it in the store i would buy the seat and take it outside and then check and if it is old i would exchange it.

I would call a website to find out how old the seat is.

JMHO

Ilana

http://www.tickercentral.com/view/4koy/2.png

Momof3Labs
02-12-2006, 08:30 PM
I would expect a few months to be the shortest that you can reasonably find. You definitely don't want something that is already a year or more old.

It's worth asking before buying, just in case.

n2ou
02-12-2006, 10:36 PM
My friend ordered a Britax MA - the gray cover (whatever it is called this season) from Target.com and we checked immediately after the FedEx guy dropped it off - it was 8 days old.

My cowmoo seats that I ordered from Target.com around the same time were 11 weeks old.

HTH

Simone

Kat_Mom2D_J_andRuthie
02-13-2006, 08:57 AM
it depends how many that store is selling of that pattern.

I remember when I ordered my cowmoo seat from babyage.com right before new years last year (aka... new year 2005) and it arrived a few days later... it was only 2-3wks old... it was made on my birthday... dec. 15, 2004

when I bought my scenera at Wal-mart, though, the seat in general was so new that I bought it and it was only 1wk old... but then they didn't have any out for awhile cause they got more tourivas they wanted to get rid of.

The evenflo bolero I got was about 1mo old...

as long as you aren't looking at a large amount of time, you'll be fine.

Kat

Radosti
02-13-2006, 10:56 AM
I bought a Marathon for my car in October last year and it was made in April 2005. I bought it on clearance at Babystyle.com. I went looking for a Marathon for hubby's car and checked the local target. Their one and only marathon was made in Aug 2004 (I didn't buy it). I bought a Marathon from Albee Baby instead and that was made in January 2006 (just delivered last week).

Kat_Mom2D_J_andRuthie
02-13-2006, 11:02 AM
I just registered our new Regent... we bought it two days ago... it was manufactured 11/30/05... so it is about 2mo old... not bad... they are usually older when bought in the store and not a ton of people buy the Regent.

Kat

jeanum
02-13-2006, 08:57 PM
If you're looking at Britax seats in person, the manufactured date is on the label on the box so you could look for that and pick a "fresher" to maximize the time before the seat would expire. I bought a Boulevard from BRU online in early January and it was made in December 2005. If an online vendor was willing to check for you, they could look at the date on the label of a Britax box without actually opening the box and ship you a "fresher" one. Hope this helps.

Regards,

Jean

Kat_Mom2D_J_andRuthie
02-13-2006, 08:59 PM
we bought it at USA baby... they are all kept in back except the display model, so it was as blind as if I were ordering online...

Kat