PDA

View Full Version : Help...My baby hates her Graco Snugfit

pinkmomagain
02-14-2006, 12:29 PM
She's my third daughter, but the first to be miserable in her graco seat. I got the one that doesn't have the extra padding, figuring it was good enough for my first two, but apparently this baby is an even bigger princess than her sisters.

I'm thinking of going to the convertible carseat, one of the Britax, but I have a few questions:
1) She is 4 mos old a still a peanut -- 24 inches long and just about 12 lbs, is it OK to move her to the convertible cs?
2) We currently can fit all three in the middle row of my Lexus GX truck, with my oldest without a carseat and my middle girl in one of those backless Graco boosters. (booster behind driver, oldest in middle, baby behind passenger) Would I still be able to fit all three with one of those Britax models? If so,is one model a smaller footprint than any of the others?

If anyone can help it would be very much appreciated....we're going nuts with all her crying and fussiness in the car! (And to think I used to throw my other ones in their infant cs in the car to fall asleep!)

TIA,

Gina

Joolsplus2
02-14-2006, 12:38 PM
Oh, what a bummer! She's not alone...lots of kids despise the Snugride for some reason :(.

The Britaxes all have the same footprint, smaller than the Snugride, and even adults can usually sit comfortably next to a Britax without being uncomfortable, so kids should be fine, I think, even in a Turbo (the Starriser Comfy is a narrower booster if the Turbo is too hard to buckle).
Since you probably will want just one seat to get this baby all the way to booster age (or are you planning another kiddo?) you'd get the most bang for your buck out of a Marathon/Decathlon/Boulevard rather than the Roundabout.

Sure, she'll fit fine in a convertible...they are rated for newborns, so even though she's small it should be ok.

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

MMEand1
02-15-2006, 01:17 AM
My DD hated her snug ride as well and it was one the seats with the "Gracopedic" foam, so I really think she just did not like being in a bucket!

We put her in a Boulevard at around 3 or so months and she, too, was tiny tiny! She is 13 months old now and only about 16 lbs, so she was considerably smaller when we moved her into the Britax.

Once we got her in the BV, we never had any problems. I do not know about seating with three, but it sounds like Jools covered that for you.

Good luck! I know we love our Britax's!
Mariah P.

DebbieJ
02-15-2006, 01:36 AM
We moved my son out of his bucket at 3 months. He was (and still is) tiny. During his first ride he FELL ASLEEP in the car!

It was the best move we ever made. Ended up selling that blasted bucket...

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03
2 year check up: 25 lbs with clothes on and 35 inches!
BFARed for 20 months and 6 days
(Breastfeeding After Reduction is possible! www.bfar.org)

http://www.bfar.org/members/fora/style_avatars/Ribbons/18months-bfar.jpg