PDA

View Full Version : Sunshine Kids Radian Pictures

Joolsplus2
02-18-2006, 07:37 AM
It's in the 'convertibles' section http://www.kids-in-the-car.org/seatsframe.html
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

Kidrepair
02-18-2006, 10:48 AM
So if the top slot measure is correct, this has a lower top harness slot than the MA? I thought it was higher. I was hoping to maybe put my 2 1/2 yr. old in this seat when #3 needs a convertible. It might be the only thing that will fit in my backseat with 2 other seats.

UsMominOz
02-18-2006, 04:57 PM
I have seen pictures of the radian & marathon installed in a car w/ the same child and the radian slots were higher.

Karleen

tjham
02-19-2006, 01:58 AM
That sure is a nice looking seat! I wonder how easy it is to install?

UsMominOz
02-19-2006, 02:18 AM
From what I have heard,the radian is very easy to install rf, but some people have been having trouble getting a tight fit ff, someone is going to e-mail pictures to Sunshine kids to see what they think.
Hopefully we can get an answer pretty quick, because I know alot of people had high hopes for this seat as a less expensive one than Britax.

Karleen

Kat_Mom2D_J_andRuthie
02-19-2006, 08:07 PM
that would be ME... the email goes out Monday.

Russell may regret having called me back.. lol.

the problems were rearfacing AND forward facing... but in case ya'll wanted to hear it, Russell seems to think any rearfacing issue is because people aren't pressing the "toes" (look at those pics and you'll identify the toes real quick) INTO the bight of the seat, but from what I've seen, the people who tried it rearfacing DID do this... whether they were successful or not.

and it isn't an issue forward facing, where people are having the major issue... and 48lbs, you can't use latch, so we need answers on how we can get this seat installed right without killing ourselves.

I'm glad to see a firm answer (pics taken by same pic in same manner with same tape measure) on the harness height issue.

Kat

UsMominOz
02-19-2006, 09:05 PM
Kat,

I thought the problems were more w/ ff than rear ff. I can't wait to hear his answer to you.

I hope more stores will start carrying it soon so more people can try it out. When I go home if I can talk dh into driving 1 1/2- 2 hrs to go see one, I will take lots of pictures.

By the way the Models produced w/ 2/2006 mfctd date will have the longer harness straps. I saw this posted on another board.

Kat when you e-mail him can you double check that is correct?

Thanks,
Karleen

Kat_Mom2D_J_andRuthie
02-19-2006, 09:21 PM
no problem.

oh, and their new seat that harnesses to 80lbs won't have taller top slots... so no point holding out for that.

Kat

UsMominOz
02-19-2006, 10:08 PM
I know, what a bumer! Maybe they need more input from mothers about doing a higher harness slot. What is the point of uping the weight & not changing the harness height.

Karleen

Kat_Mom2D_J_andRuthie
02-20-2006, 12:13 AM
well, Russell says that it is because the seat would be too tall rf.

My comment was that, since it isn't like the marathon with a base, it could... that when I was putting my Britax Regent in I had to turn it around and that it would fit rf... albeit tightly, but it would.

He thought that was funny.

He said that it was basically the Radian with extra reinforcement for extra weight.

He ignored my statement that most kids I know that weigh 65lbs are not narrow enough to fit the Radian for much longer.

Kat