PDA

View Full Version : Is there more than 1 Apex booster out there?

Kungjo
02-20-2006, 10:56 AM
Hi,

Am going to be in the market for a booster seat real soon. We don't have a Cosco in our area. Just Sam's Club. Looked on the Toys R Us website and found the Alpha Elite Apex Booster Seat. Is that the same seat or is that different than the Cosco Apex?

Thanks,
Joyce

JBaxter
02-20-2006, 02:43 PM
I got the apex at TRU store. They are having coupon sale going on right now. Our local store didnt carry it but the next town over did so I drove about 40 min to pick it up.

Scatterbunny
02-20-2006, 03:01 PM
The Cosco version is called the Alpha Elite Apex, the Safety 1st version is just called the Apex. They are both the same seat. Some TRU stores had them labeled as the "Safety 1st Lancer" for awhile; this was a misprint, "Lancer" is actually the cover choice, not the name of the seat.

Some online stores just have it listed as the "Cosco Apex 65", but those stores want $160+ for it.

daniele_ut
02-20-2006, 03:06 PM
I think you might be confusing Cosco (the carseat brand) with Costco (the wholesale club). The seat you saw on the TRU site is the one you are looking for. It is available at most BRUs and TRUs right now.

kellyotn
02-20-2006, 03:06 PM
Costco (with a T, the Sam's-like warehouse) isn't associated with the Cosco baby gear company. :)

I typed Alpha Elite Apex into Amazon.com which is TRU and got the Cosco with the 65 lb limit, so yes, they are the same thing. Lots of BRU's and TRU's have them. Its often called Lancer, which is just the fabric I think.

Just making sure, but you are aware your vehicle needs to have a headrest to use this seat?? I can't use it in DH's F-350 crew cab. Its got a full back seat, but no rear headrests. grrrrr. It would work so well for us otherwise!

HTH!

Whoops, posted with Daniele. :)