PDA

View Full Version : Will 3 seats fit in 3rd row of Dodge Caravan or similar

carolines mommy
02-21-2006, 02:47 AM
We are going to DC at the end of March with my sis, her DH and her daughter. Will a RF Marathon, Platinum Cargo and FF Touriva fit in the 3rd row seat? Would it be a better fit to have the MA FF and RF the Touriva?

Erika
Mommy to Caroline Nov 03 and Chelsea April 05

Kat_Mom2D_J_andRuthie
02-22-2006, 11:54 AM
I missed this thread before... this is how I had my setup when we went to PA to watch the superbowl at my ILs house.

I think it would work with the marathon rf and the touriva ff, but the marathon is so much taller that it might be harder with both captain's chairs installd and used.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v332/kat_k1/Feb%202006/SeatingfortheTrip.jpg

the platinum cargo is about the same size as the turbobooster...

so it should fit.

what I did was install the center seat first, then the Marathon, then I put the booster in... had to kinda wedge it in... so you may want to install the one on that side first since you're using a harnessed seat... it fit properly, it's just because of the cupholder area I had to tilt the seat and slide it in.

Kat

carolines mommy
02-23-2006, 12:31 AM
Thanks for your help! I was hoping all 3 seats would fit in the rear so I wouldn't have to be the one squished in the far back with 2 carseats! I imagine since the van will be a rental, the center row will be a bench seat. We'll probably just RF the Touriva like you did and FF the MA since we know it works that way! The kids aren't picky!

Erika
Mommy to Caroline Nov 03 and Chelsea April 05

Kat_Mom2D_J_andRuthie
02-23-2006, 01:11 AM
glad I could help... I can also fit the Marathon and turbobooster in with an Evenflo bolero... but it's tighter and you can never unbuckle the booster... you have to do the loosen and free the child... then let the child slip under and in and tighten.

not recommended.

and a pain cause you have to install them in a certain order... so width is the key here.

since you have three harnessed seats, it might fit better with the Graco harnessed booster in the middle cause it would be ff (balancing the rf touriva) and the narrowest... so it would fit next to the MA easier... letting the seats with the biggest sides be outboard and getting the touriva all the way to the side...

another thing that should cheer you up... the touriva is almost a full 2" narrower than the scenera... so it really shouldn't be a bad thing.

if you want to make it easier, most dodge vans with two benches have it so you can put the third row in the second row and put the second row in the third... with the third row right next to the doors, it would be easier to get those seats bases as far to the side as needed.

Oh, and when I installed, I reclined the captain's chairs all the way and then flipped the whole chair forward to give me lots of room.

since it was a 10hr trip, I went at that van in attack mode... cause 3 across would be the only comfy way for everyone to travel.

Kat