PDA

View Full Version : Atlanta/Alpharetta GA car seat installation question

ruthgator
02-21-2006, 09:52 AM
Does anyone know of anyone who can install an infant car seat base for us? We just moved here from New Orleans and the police did it down there but I can't get an answer from the police up here. Any help would be appreciated.
Ruth
due March 15th!! with #2

rrkalina
02-21-2006, 11:53 PM
The local Atlanta fire station checked my seat for me. Check out this site to find the location nearest you:
http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/people/injury/childps/Contacts/FindContact.cfm?q_State=GA&q_Zip=

~Kyle
Gavin 5/26/05

luluc
02-21-2006, 11:55 PM
You could also try calling Northside Hospital and see if they have any car seat safety installation recommendations. Our hospital did and our county, Cobb does it as well.

ruthgator
02-22-2006, 06:48 AM
what an amazing resource! Thanks so much!
Ruth

Bethann31
02-22-2006, 09:27 AM
I just wanted to say, "Welcome to Atlanta." There is a spinoff yahoo group for BBB moms in Atlanta,

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BBB-Georgia_Gang/

We've not been real active, but that could change at any time.

Beth
mom to:

Josh 3/90
Mollie 4/92
Jeffrey 12/94
Katherine 6/03

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/t/lamlamsvi20030604_4_Katherine+Grace+is.png

kellyotn
02-22-2006, 10:40 AM
>Does anyone know of anyone who can install an infant car seat
>base for us? We just moved here from New Orleans and the
>police did it down there but I can't get an answer from the
>police up here. Any help would be appreciated.
>Ruth
>due March 15th!! with #2

Just wanted to add, that you should insist they TEACH you how to install it rather than just doing it for you. :) There will be a time when you unexpectedly need to remove bases/car seats and you really want to be confident to do it on your own. (I've had to change seats out in the parking lot of the body shop a few times. You don't want to have to be reading the manual at that point!) ha ha.

Good luck!

phirey
02-22-2006, 04:29 PM
Welcome to Atlanta!

Call Alpharetta Fire. I used to be on the ambulance based at their main station (on Webb Bridge Road -- just east of downtown) and they had folks just pull up all the time asking to get their seats installed. I know the firefighter who used to run their CPS program has since had two kids of her own, so i don't think she's still there -- but I'm sure they do it.

olwalker
02-24-2006, 03:03 PM
Hi! We live in Alpharetta also! Welcome! We installed the seat ourself and then had the carseat tech at the health department check it for us. You can get car seat tech information at seatcheck.org. Hope this helps! Oh, BTW, we went to the health department in Cumming and the lady there was EXTREMELY helpful- taught me how to put DD in correctly, adjust the straps correctly, when to move the straps, etc. Great experience! (Let me know if you are looking for a good church!)

TonFirst
02-24-2006, 08:06 PM
I'm in Smyrna - Welcome to Atlanta! My grandmother just moved to Alpharetta from Metairie - her house only took two feet of water, but it's uninhabitable for at least another six months...

I hope you're adjusting and the culture shock isn't too bad! They sell king cakes at Harry's, if you have a craving.