PDA

View Full Version : Question about the 2006 ODY and locations of latch/tethers

mlincoln
02-23-2006, 02:34 PM
We are trading in our 2003 ODY and considering getting a 2006 ODY. The only thing I do not like about the 2003 ODY is that there are only two seats with the latch/tether combo (middle row captains seats). Alledgedly there is supposed to be a third tether anchor behind the third row, but I can not find it. There are definatly no latch bars in the third row.

Is any of this different in 2006 ODY? I can not tell from the pictures online and talking to dealer by phone (too difficult to drag 3 kids to dealership) they seem to not understand what I am asking. I really love the ODY, but I want to get better car seat intallation in the 3rd row. Also, wondering if this same issues applies to the 2006 Sienna.

Thanks so much for your help.

Meredith

o_mom
02-23-2006, 03:01 PM
On the 2003 Odyssey, there are LATCH seating positions in the second row (lower anchors and top tethers). The third row has one pre-installed top tether anchor in the center seating position. It is in the inside of the back "wall", just below the liftgate - the tether will cut across the cargo area when installed. There are also two predrilled holes for the outboard seating positions that are covered with plastic plugs. You can remove them and install tether anchors there.

You can see pictures here:

http://www.car-safety.org/odyssey.html

Look under 2001 for the pictures - the 2001-2004 are all the same.

For the 2006, the Honda website shows three LATCH seating positions - second row outboard and third row center. There are also top tethers in the third row outboard.

http://automobiles.honda.com/models/specifications_full_specs.asp?ModelName=Odyssey&Category=6

You would have to install third row outboard with the seat belt, but could use the top tethers.

mlincoln
02-23-2006, 06:18 PM
Thank you so much for the information. I have driven myself crazy looking for the 3rd row tether anchor in the 2003 ODY. I did not look on the other side of the cargo area.

Thank you for the other info as well. I had thought I had seen that on the Honda site a few months back, but could not find it again, so I assumed I imagined it.

Thanks