PDA

View Full Version : Will Britax Boulevard fit RF in Taurus or Aztec?

MNmomtobe
02-26-2006, 01:45 AM
Looks like it takes up a lot of space in the pictures I've seen. I have a Taurus and DH has an Aztec. My seat is moved pretty far up since I am short giving us a little more room behind in the Taurus. DH is taller so seat is further back in the Aztec but it's a larger vehicle. Any thoughts? I wonder if I should get a smaller convertible seat so it would fit while DD will be rear-facing; or I could get the Graco infant safeseat instead of the snugride until she can be forward-facing. Maybe the safeseat would take up as much room as a Britax BV?

catfeet
02-26-2006, 08:09 AM
I had a WZ RF in an Aztec and there was no problem with it. We did install it on the passenger side, though. There was actually more room with the WZ RF than there was with our Snugride.

HTH,
Ann

momtojack
02-26-2006, 09:13 AM
We have an Accord and a CRV, so I can't comment on your specific vehicles. But I agree with PP that there is more room RF with our BV than there was with our snugride. The BV is wider but the seat in front of it does not have to be up as far. We tried the safeseat before getting the BV and it took up more room than either the BV or SR.

Shelly

TonFirst
02-26-2006, 09:15 AM
We had no problem installing our BV in a Taurus. We installed it RF and still had plenty or room to move the front seats back. FWIW, we used LATCH and tethered to the front seat track it was a breeze to get a solid, tight fit.

Splash
02-26-2006, 04:33 PM
I have a BV rear facing center in my aztek. Fits great. It's a pain to install with the lap belt in the center though. What I did recently was install it center with the LATCH (a no no) and then once that was really tight, install it with the belt and then undo the latch. I was able to get it really tight that way.
It fits in all three positions fine, and my 6'3'' FIL can drive my car with it in any position.

Scatterbunny
02-26-2006, 04:42 PM
You plan on using some sort of infant seat for the first few months, right? By the time baby outgrows the infant seat s/he should have fairly good head control and is usually big enough to not need a full 45 degree recline angle. You'll be able to install the rear-facing convertible as upright as is comfortable for your baby.

The Marathon/Decathlon/Boulevard is awesome in so many ways, but one of the best is the rear-facing top tether. You'll be able to install the seat VERY upright, not even paying attention to recline angle, just getting a solid install at the belt path, then you'll be able to attach the rear-facing tether to a nonmoveable point (usually located underneath the front seats) and crank it down, pulling the top of the shell down to achieve the desired level of recline.

Britax seats also say you can brace them against the front vehicle seat(s). So, install the seat upright, tighten the tether to the recline angle that you'd like/will make your baby comfortable, then push the front seat(s) back against the top of the seat shell. :)

Some other brands do not allow bracing and specifically say the top of the shell cannot touch the front seats, so this only applies to Britax.

MNmomtobe
02-27-2006, 01:31 AM
Wow. Thanks everyone! You have all been very helpful.