PDA

View Full Version : Car seat covers

ehlersmt
02-26-2006, 09:48 PM
Hello. First, I want to thank everyone here - my wife and I have learned a tremendous amount over the last 16 months from this forum...nothing is better than real user experiences.

Now to my question, we are expecting our second baby in May and we are wanting to use the same car seat - Graco SnugRide - as we used for our first child. What we would like to do, however, is to purchase a new cover or fabric for the car seat. Does anyone on the board have any suggestions? Oh and by the way, we're not real handy, so making our own cover is likely out of the question.

Thanks again for all the advice and tips!

Matt

SusanMae
02-26-2006, 09:56 PM
ONLY purchase one that is made by GRACO. Using any other could void your warrenty and any liability that they may have in the event of an accident(God Forbid). You could try looking at www.gracobaby.com or see if your local TRU or BRU carries them.

Susan

o_mom
02-26-2006, 10:10 PM
You can buy a new cover through the Graco website or by calling their customer service. They will only sell you the same pattern you have, or a random one if they have run out of the original.

Another option is to look for a used SnugRide on eBay, Craigslist, or Freecycle and just use the cover. It wouldn't be brand new, but depending on why you want a new cover (to boyish/girlish, too worn, etc.) it might fit your needs. It also may be less expensive than Graco.