PDA

View Full Version : Car seat protectors for enthusiastic toddlers? For back seat and for backs of front seats....

mattysmom
02-28-2006, 08:47 AM
We are picking up our new car on Friday (yippee!) and I REALLY want to try and keep it looking good.

I'm curious if people have gotten those car seat covers that cover the whole back seat (and then you put the carseats on top, etc). Not only would this protect the leather, but crushed cheerios, etc, wouldn't get smushed in the crevices.

Also, what do you put on the back of the front seats to keep dirty/muddy shoes from making a mess? I've only been able to find 2 options but neither looks quite heavy-duty enough for me. And the ones we've used don't cover the whole back so it still gets messy...

Thanks so much!

kransden
02-28-2006, 08:59 AM
Since my dd loves to put her feet on the back of my seat, I just bought whole car seat covers - leopard print lol! Works great! DH has the tamer tan ones. I also have a big thick towel on the back seat of the car just for her to walk on and dry her shoes. So far it has worked well for us.

Karin and Katie 10/24/02

kellyotn
02-28-2006, 11:04 AM
For the back of the front seat, I have a Graco thing. Its really for putting toys and stuff into, but also doubles as "something covering the back of the seat from dirty feet". It attaches under the headrest with a strap (I wrapped it around twice so its good and tight) and it comes with little strings so you can tie off the bottom somewhere. I actually just let it hang straight down.