PDA

View Full Version : Travel Seats

drrishisingh
03-03-2006, 08:45 AM
I'm the proud dad of a 11 month old boy and I'm looking for a travel seat to take on trips (5x a year or so). We currently have a roundabout and I think that this may be to big to carry. My wife and I tried the sit and stroll and could operate it even though both of us went to grad school.

I need something lightweight for my wife to carry when traveling alone and a bag to go with it.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.

Joolsplus2
03-03-2006, 09:01 AM
The Roundabout is one of the lighter seats, and is certainly the easiest to install of any seat, so you might not be quite happy with anything else. But our usual lightweight favorite is the 5-pt harness version of the Cosco Scenera at Walmart or Target for about $50... it's really light, and generally easy to install, and quite safe, but it's nothing like the Roundabout in terms of just how simple the install and harness works... still, do have a look at it, most of us like them as long as we are aware of it's limitations (no built in lockoffs, no nice latch connectors, no rearfacing tether for stability and recline... well, it's a $50 seat versus a $200 seat...obviously there are differences).

Any travel bag should fit either of those, they are both compactly sized (though taking it on the plane, ie, buying baby a ticket, is ideal for both safety and comfort)

:)

Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

annex
03-03-2006, 01:52 PM
When I was traveling alone with my DD around that time period, I brought our Roundabout, but rarely needed to carry it so it worked pretty well. What I did instead was bring a Mac Quest stroller (which I would gate-check) that I could sit the Roundabout in (and I got a lightweight duffle style suitcase that could sit on the Roundabout.) With my DD, I carried her in a Sutemi (soft style front pack for larger kids, similar to an Ergo). We zipped through airports, and I wasn't straining trying to carry a suitcase, carseat and push a stroller at the same time.

Anne