PDA

View Full Version : Ughhhh Marathon does not fit!

Lovingliv
03-04-2006, 06:52 AM
Hi Mamas,

Liv is just outgrowing her SR and it is time to put in the Marathon! We have a Civic SI (model year 2000) and it is a coupe. It doesn't fit!
I really didn't want to have to go with the roundabout because it is only up to 40 pounds,,,,any ideas from experienced mamas?
TIA

Joolsplus2
03-04-2006, 08:15 AM
You can just say the front seat is off limits for anyone with an inseam longer than 28 inches? Pretend you drive a stretch limo and all passengers must ride in the back? Buy a nice short, small, Scenera and use it while the baby is rearfacing, then in a couple years start using the Marathon forward facing? Buy a new car (oh, I hate saying that!...really, the Scenera is much cheaper, lol).

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

Lovingliv
03-04-2006, 11:59 AM
Hehehe....thanks Julie. Just the excuse I was looking for to buy my all time favorite mobile....Mazda Miata!!! Oh wait, I don't think the marathon will fit in that either! ;)

Lovingliv
03-04-2006, 12:04 PM
Is the Scenera as safe as the Marathon? It is for a second car.......used less frequently....

Kat_Mom2D_J_andRuthie
03-04-2006, 12:51 PM
yes, it's a very safe seat... the safest seat is the one that fits your child, your car, and your budget, is used correctly each and every time, and meets all the government regulations... the Scenera satisfies this.

You could use the Scenera until 35lbs... then put the Marathon in forward facing.

Kat

Lovingliv
03-04-2006, 02:46 PM
Thanks Kat! I kind of figured that as long as it is installed right it is fine! Thanks!

nov02mom
03-04-2006, 08:36 PM
My DH drives the Si, and we used a RA RF and when Jacob moved FF- we got the MA. It works OK, although I'm short!!! I'm pushed forward pretty far, but it's not too bad.

Joolsplus2
03-05-2006, 02:18 PM
ROFL, Miata.. yeah, having my first kid nixed my plan of a Beetle (no room for a big stroller!), and my third kid killed my dreams of the RX-8 and/or Mini Cooper (4 seaters...)

:D
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx