PDA

View Full Version : Anyone used the Roundabout on a plane?

lms123
03-04-2006, 10:13 PM
We have to fly to Houston (on Southwest) this month for my brother's wedding. We have the Britax Roundabout. I've read that it may be too big to fit in the plane seat -- has anyone gone on a plane with one? Better yet, has anyone flown SWA with one? We're also flying to Florida for my best friend's wedding in April on United Airlines.

Just today, I bought a Graco ComfortSport as a second convertible carseat to use in the other car, in case we ever need it. So I have the option to bring that instead. However, being that we'll be driving around in Houston for 5 days, I'd prefer bringing the Roundabout since it's better as far as safety rating and ease.

TIA!

nitaghei
03-04-2006, 10:20 PM
Yes, I've flown with the RA a number of times, on several different airlines, including, I think, Southwest. Fits just fine. Pain to lug around, but no problem fitting it in the seat.

HTH

Nita
mom to Neel, January 2003
dog mom to a PWD and a cocker (at the Rainbow Bridge)

"Moderation is best in all things." Hesiod

tarahsolazy
03-05-2006, 01:33 AM
Works great for us too. Multiple airlines, and planes from little puddle-jumper turbo-props to bid 747s.

SusanMae
03-05-2006, 10:41 AM
For a spare car seat, the Scenera works much better. It costs about $40 bucks at Wal-Mart, RF to 35 pounds and has nice tall top slots so it will be useful longer. The comfortsport costs more and is usually out grown by average kids(height alone) around 2 or 3(pretty early).

Just trying to help you get the most bang for your buck.

Susan

Andrea S
03-06-2006, 09:55 AM
We used a RA on SW and a bunch of other airlines without any problems. RF and FF.

Andrea
mom to Andrew 8/14/02
& #2 EDD 3/28/06

californiagirl
03-06-2006, 12:33 PM
Lots of times. I think we flew with it 4-6 times on Southwest, RF and FF. We LOVE Southwest for flying with the baby! And yeah, we've put the RA in everything from a turbo-prop to a 777, no problem.

thing1andt2
03-06-2006, 02:33 PM
Same here, we have used them probably 8-10 times on planes with never a problem. As much as your Graco is lighter I would take the RA, it is so much more comfy than the comfortsport which is helpful on a long flight,

Happy flying!

thing1andt2
03-06-2006, 02:33 PM
Same here, we have used them probably 8-10 times on planes with never a problem. As much as your Graco is lighter I would take the RA, it is so much more comfy than the comfortsport which is helpful on a long flight,

Happy flying!

ADK
03-07-2006, 03:29 PM
I was just going to post on this! We are flying with our twins this summer, and are planning to use our newly purchased Roundabouts.

Specifically, the flights (both on United) look like a Boeing 757 and Airbus 320. Anyone use a Roundabout on those successfully?

I checked seatguru.com, and it shows the 757's seats are 17" wide, while the 320's seats are 18" wise. Obviously I've seen the Roundabout itself is 18", so who knows...

TIA!

californiagirl
03-07-2006, 04:25 PM
Yup, we've used a Roundabout on both of those. The Roundabout is 18" at its widest point; it's the base of the Roundabout you need to put in the seat, and that's not its widest point, so it all works out. Although it's a lot more fun if you can raise the arm rest.

ADK
03-07-2006, 11:14 PM
Thanks, it also seems that people are able to fit the Marathon on planes, and since that's even bigger than the Roundabout, I guess we'll be OK.