PDA

View Full Version : Fell while carrying baby in carseat

missym
03-07-2006, 04:35 PM
I tripped and fell today while carrying Becca in her Evenflo carseat/carrier. Fortunately, she was strapped in and I was able to make sure the carrier stayed upright, but it did hit the ground with more force than setting it down. It may have hit at somewhat of an angle. She's fine (didn't even cry), and I'm only slightly battered - but I'm wondering now if the impact could have damaged the carseat at all. It was in a gravel driveway, so somewhat softer than pavement. Any input would be welcome!

Missy, mom to Gwen 03/03 and Rebecca 09/05

Want a penpal for your BBB kiddo? Send an email to:
[email protected]

Joolsplus2
03-07-2006, 04:40 PM
Probably it's fine... the force was still nothing like a car crash, and the forces weren't in the same places a crash would put them. Unless the hooks on the bottom (or whatever the connection mechanism is) are damaged or you see a big crack somewhere, it should be fine. If you really are still concerned, though, call Evenflo.

Take some ibuprofen before you go to bed so nothing starts up aching while you sleep, for sure!

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

missym
03-08-2006, 09:38 AM
Thanks, Julie! I looked over the seat, and other than a bit of mud on the bottom, it doesn't look any the worse for my clumsiness. My sitter, who saw the whole thing, said it didn't look like the seat hit the ground very hard at all. I am so grateful that Becca was safely strapped into a carseat rather than in my arms!

Missy, mom to Gwen 03/03 and Rebecca 09/05

Want a penpal for your BBB kiddo? Send an email to:
[email protected]