PDA

View Full Version : Questions for NYC Moms

LuLusMaMa
03-14-2006, 01:36 PM
I'm planning a trip to NYC to see family with my 22 mo dd. This is our first trip to NYC w/dd. Raised in Southern Cal and a relative newbie to the East Coast, I have some dumb questions: I'll be driving from D.C. - Once in the city, should I just park my car in a garage and take cabs around town? What do the "city moms" do w/their little ones when taking cabs? Do some cabs have carseats? Or do most people just use the subway/train/bus systems and walk a lot with the stroller?

We'll be visiting my pregnant sister-in-law and she didn't know the answers to these questions, either!

TIA!

jhrabosk
03-14-2006, 03:54 PM
Hmmm...this is a good question! I live in NJ and brought DD in once, but she was in her Snugride. It was easy to strap into a taxi. I don't think I've ever seen a taxi with a car seat in it.

I certainly wouldn't suggest driving around town...public transportation is probably the best way to go. Only issue is that getting the stroller up and down the stairs can be a hassle if the baby is in it. If your DD is willing to climb them herself while you carry the stroller, you'll probably be fine.

Have a great time!