PDA

View Full Version : Another Recaro vs. Apex question

phirey
03-17-2006, 11:07 PM
Hi guys,

A couple of months ago I posted wondering what combo of seats to get for my now three-year-old and five-month-old. It was in Julie's helpful response last time that I learned I won't be able to get a Marathon FF in my Volvo V70. Just to be sure we tried it again and again and nope, you can't.

I'm worried about the Recaro only harnessing to 40 lbs. If she continues on her current growth curve -- she's 34 lbs now -- she'll be at 40 lbs at about age 4 1/2. She also has a long torso. Her shoulders are right at her current RA's top slot -- DH just moved her MA (in his truck) straps up to the top.

I was wondering about the Apex, since I don't care about the headrest issue -- after all it's the darn tall headrests in my Volvo that are keeping me from putting her in another big Britax like I'd like to! I did get a Graco Ultra for grandma's car. It does fit in the Volvo, but I'm not impressed with the quality. If I don't like the quality of the Graco, will I also dislike the Apex? Does the Apex have the EPS foam?

I want her to be the safest the longest. Although money is no object when if comes to my daughter's safety, I'd also like this to be the last round of seatbuying I do for quite a while!

Thanks!

SusanMae
03-18-2006, 09:25 AM
I don't think you'd like the Apex either. It's not the same quality feel as the Britax or even the Graco.

If she hits 40 pounds at 4 1/2 do you feel that she would be mature enough to use a booster properly. She would be at the minimums for use then.

Or how about a Regent? I'm not sure how that would fit in your car though.

Susan

phirey
03-18-2006, 01:01 PM
If the Regent has the same body as a MA, then no, it won't work. Does it?

kellyotn
03-18-2006, 02:59 PM
The Regent is the new name for the Husky.

The Boulevard and the Decathlon have a shell similar to a Marathon.

:)