PDA

View Full Version : HELP - Installing a roundabout RF in a Chevy Uplander

mlincoln
03-20-2006, 08:52 AM
We are on vacation and rented a chevy uplander. I need to install our RA rear facing in one of the second row seats and can not find anything to top tether to. The forward facing top tether anchor is on the back of the seat, but I can not really reach this top tether anchor by going under the seat and up the back to hook to it. Without tethering I can not seem to get any typ of recline.

Thanks for any help.

Meredith

Joolsplus2
03-20-2006, 12:39 PM
Ugh, what a pain... I know I've seen a Britax top tethered in one of these cars once, but I didn't pay attention to what... push the front seats all the way forward, there has got to be a seat track or seatbelt anchor or some visible leg of the front seat to tie your d-ring to (you did bring the d-ring, right?).. if not, the *front* leg of the seat it's on would be my personal choice for my kiddo...is there one of those? If nothing else, find a towel...if you don't have a towel, roll up a pair of jeans or a blanket or a roll of papertowels...I've used all those in a pinch to get a decent recline :D
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

mlincoln
03-20-2006, 03:28 PM
Thanks for your help! - I used the d-ring and tethered to the leg of the seat on which I installed the car seat. The seats on the car have a lot of recline, so I may need to use a towel as well. DD seems to be getting car sick and I am wondering if it is because she is more upright than when I install her in our Oddssey, so I am going to try to get it reclined more.

Thanks again and glad to have others that understand. My husband thinks I am a little crazy about these things.

mom2acrew
03-20-2006, 04:28 PM
How much like the Venture is the Uplander? I was able to wrap the d-ring around the seat belt anchor (on the floor) for the drivers seat outboard.