PDA

View Full Version : FP Safe Voyage FF recline?

tjham
03-20-2006, 07:21 PM
I bought a Bolero for my almost 5 yr. old granddaughter. She still falls asleep in the car and her head flops forward in it! We are not happy about that. I have heard of others whose kids sleep in it fine. (I guess she actually sleeps OK, WE just don't like the flop! LOL) I have a Chase in my car and she flops in that too. *sigh* She did not flop in FP Safe Embrace or AO (no base). I may get a Safe Voyage for her mom's car if she likes it after seeing it at Baby Depot. Does it recline in the FF position? If it works out, I will probably get another for her dad's truck.

murphydog77
03-20-2006, 08:34 PM
Hi. No, the convertible seat must be used in the upright position when it's forward-facing. The Graco CarGo combo seats (front harness adjusters only) have a fair bit of recline to them, but they don't make great booster seats. The Evenflo Generations is the same as the Bolero but has a recline foot, though I've heard the recline foot doesn't make much of a difference.

Heather, CPS Tech
http://www.CarSeatSite.com

tjham
03-21-2006, 12:30 AM
Darn! Just curious...Does the Marathon recline?

And if it doesn't, how do all the kids sleep in it?

Joolsplus2
03-21-2006, 07:47 AM
The Marathon (and I'm guessing the Safe Voyage, but I haven't seen one installed), can't recline (well the MA can if a child is below 33 pounds, but of course those kids should be RF, lol), BUT, the Marathon has a LOT of natural recline, even when installed upright... there used to be heaps of posts about how the seat just looked SO reclined and it was making moms miserable (kids never seemed to care)... my dd would get some sideways headflop, but it wasn't too too bad. I guess you just need a Boulevard? (only 259 at Albeebaby.com, last I saw... and no, don't take me seriously, you know I love to be the carseat buying devil on your shoulder).

I like the Cargo, too...it has recline and deep sidewings (if her head doesn't hit the plastic belt guides, that is).

:D
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

tjham
03-21-2006, 02:23 PM
But I can take those off right?

Kat_Mom2D_J_andRuthie
03-22-2006, 02:59 AM
I'd say the Marathon has a lot more natural recline than the Safe Voyage, but neither can be reclined when ff.

the only seat that would recline much in the ff position would be the Graco Safeseat 2 because the Evenflo Triumph is probably way too short.

tjham
03-25-2006, 06:05 PM
>But I can take those off right?

I just checked a Platinum Cargo at Target. I had always thought the plastic guides were sewn on but they are kind of clamped on. It looks like the guides may be easy to just pop off.

FlamingJune1967
03-26-2006, 04:20 PM
Julie
Are you saying that the blvd does recline ff, but the Marathon does not? What about the RA?
Thanks

Joolsplus2
03-27-2006, 08:54 AM
As far as I can remember, the Roundabout can be installed reclined FF, and the 'big Britaxes'- all of them- can be reclined FF only up to 33 pounds. I'd have to check the manuals again to be sure, though www.britaxusa.com has all of them. It's also safest to install all FF seats in the upright position because it spreads crash forces more evenly along the harness, rather than forcing them more into the crotch, as a reclined seat would be (crash dummies don't have abdominal/crotch sensors, so we don't really know how bad it IS to leave an FF seat reclined, even though it's technically allowed).
:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx