PDA

View Full Version : WWYD?

DeeEast
03-21-2006, 01:37 AM
Ok, here's the situation. We have one Britax Wizard that is our main seat for DD. She doesn't mind the wings at all and we love the seat. We have a Britax Marathon as our second seat in DH's vehicle. The twins are going to be out-growing their infant seats soon and we need at least one more convertible seat.

The plan was to take the Marathon out of DH's car, put it in the van, and buy a Boulevard. That would make 3 seats for 3 kids. Ahh but here's the rub. That means that two children have the extra side impact protection and the third doesn't. Its just a weird thought, you know?

I've been toying with the idea of selling the Marathon (its barely used) on Ebay or somewhere and using that money to get a 2nd Boulevard. I just can't decide whether or not that's going too far or if we should consider it for peace of mind. Also I am leery of getting my money's worth on the Marathon. Any thoughts?

kellyotn
03-21-2006, 09:26 AM
I hear ya. It does feel weird that my youngest son has NEVER riden center in my car. With two kids, both have to ride outboard in my sedan.

Could you use the MA in a center postition and the other SIP seats outboard? That would be a good compromise and is probably what I'd do.

Or, craigslist is probably a good way to sell the MA (no shipping it). Or ebay local pickup?

nfowife
03-22-2006, 03:26 PM
I agree that you should put the marathon center. That makes most sense, since the outboard seats "need" the SIP most, they will have it, and your center baby is in the safest seat.