PDA

View Full Version : Britax Regent in captain's chair

Timmersmom
03-24-2006, 10:18 AM
I am thinking about getting a Regent for my 4 yr old DS who is 30 lbs, 39" tall and is getting close to outgrowing his Roundabout.

However, I measured my Town & Country's 2nd row captain's chairs, where the seat must go, and they measure 20 1/2" wide, 20" deep, and 24" high w/o headrest and 32" high with the headrest. From the measurements of the Regent, it's clearly wider, deeper, and taller than the captain's chair itself. The headrests kind of tilt forward, IYKWIM, so I have to take them off to fit the Roundabouts in, so I wonder if that would be a problem with the Regent. If that were the case, then there would be 6" of Regent unsupported by the back of the captain's chair. Would that be OK?

Also, it seems that at 24" deep, would the Regent be putting my DS too close to the back of the driver's seat?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give. I checked out the carseat compatibility database, but didn't give the answers I was looking for. I am open to suggestions for alternatives, also.

murphydog77
03-25-2006, 02:48 AM
Hi Elizabeth. If you can fit a large person in your captain's chair, the Regent will fit just fine :). You will probably need to keep the head rest off, though. I have to remove my Sienna head rests too. As for the leg room, if you can move the captain's chair back, then you should because it might be tight. I've heard of leg room issues in smaller cars with small back seats, but not with vans.

Heather, CPS Tech
http://www.CarSeatSite.com