PDA

View Full Version : new Marathon or booster seat?

AMy A
03-25-2006, 03:24 PM
We're wondering what to do for DH's car. Currently we have a RA in DH's 1999 4-door Honda Civic. He transports DD to school and back every day. She's 4 yo, about 40 pounds and 40 inches. The only time she's in his car is to travel 20 minutes to school and 20 minutes back.
I'm considering getting a Marathon for his car but am wondering if it will be too big for his car. Im also thinking about a booster seat. any suggestions will help.
BTW, dd is in a marathon in my car
THANKS!

jeanum
03-25-2006, 03:58 PM
If she still has plenty of room to grow before her shoulders are above her Marathon's top harness slot, I would recommend another Marathon. A 5-point harnessed seat would be much safer than a booster in a crash even beyond age 4 and 40 lbs. The Marathon probably would fit in the Civic if the RA fits, but you could try the one from your car before you decide.

Britax now makes a stripped down version of the Marathon called the Safe Voyage, sold at Burlington Coat Factory Baby Depot for $180. The Safe Voyage FF up to 55 lbs., isn't as padded and doesn't have the seatbelt lockoffs, but it's not as pricy as the Marathon either.

HTH and good luck.

colleenfs
03-25-2006, 03:59 PM
For what it's worth, my dd who is about the same size as yours, is in a booser seat (Compass) in DH's car for similar travels. She is in a Marathon (soon to transfer to a Regent) in my car.

~Colleen
Julia, 1-10-02
Emma, 7-27-05

mama2ella
03-31-2006, 02:59 PM
FYI..

The MA will fit in a Civic. We too have a 4 door 1999 Civic and an MA. It is behind the passengers seat and fits just fine (though you will need to scoot the passenger seat up pretty far). It is not ideal but luckily we have an SUV as our family car.

Leslie mama to Ella (11-22-02) and baby boy due 7-20-06