PDA

View Full Version : Travel carseat for 3 yo

ppshah
03-27-2006, 03:02 AM
We're currently using cosco touriva- it's okay, but it's no Britax!

DS is 37" tall and about 28lbs. He must have a tall torso b/c he's almost outgrown the touriva. So...what do I replace it with? Something light would be nice...We usually travel about 3-4 times a year. This seat will also be used by the babysitter who picks him up from preschool once a week.

I also may need to replace the roundabout in DH's car.

So what are my options?

Radian?
FP safeguard?
Evenflu generations?

Neatfreak
03-27-2006, 08:37 AM
Have you looked at the Scenara? It's definitely light! I believe it goes to 35 lbs rear-facing, and then you get another 5 lbs of additional use FFing. $49.99 at Target.

tjham
03-27-2006, 11:38 AM
Hmmm...I love the Scenera (14.5") but the Touriva's slots are 1/2 inch higher (15"). Both are 9 lbs.

I have the Chase for travel (also 9 lbs.). Tops slots are 16.8". Very light and easy to use. I also have the Bolero (like the Generations.) 16.5" slots. It's 13 lbs.

Joolsplus2
03-27-2006, 12:54 PM
Maybe the Graco Platinum Cargo, too...tall slots on that, and light.
The Radian is definitely tall (my 6.5 yo still has growing room in it and says it's quite comfortable!)...but it's 21 pounds and can be impossible to install in some cars (with LATCH it's great...if you only rent newer cars when you travel, you probably wouldn't have any install problems...but with a lap belt it can be impossible to get tight).

The FP is about the same as the Marathon... might be worth a look (MA fits fine on airplanes, so this should...and fits fine in strollers, too, to get it around the airport).

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx