PDA

View Full Version : Where did you buy your Marathon?

amp
03-27-2006, 12:15 PM
We are in the market for a new Marathon. DS is still using his and DD is about to outgrow her snugride. I'm fairly certain I want another Marathon for her. I know Britax put a stop to most sites offering better prices than the next guy, so what's a girl to do? I assume the best I am going to get is the "typical price or sale price" at any site, but can probably hope for no shipping cost and no taxes. The question is, who's reputable these days? I haven't shopped at most of the sites that came up when I googled. Anyone want to make a recommendation? TIA!

kellyotn
03-27-2006, 12:47 PM
I heard www.travelingtikes.com has some closeout colors for $220. They wouldn't be super new though as they are "old" covers. Something to consider. Maybe call and see if they can tell you the mfg date. If it's more than a few months old, I'd skip it since you are looking for a seat for the baby.

Check www.babyage.com , www.babycatalog.com , www.greatbeginnings.com too.

I ordered a stroller from traveling tikes, my MA's from babyage (they were 1 month old), I'm sure I've used baby catalog but can't remember what, and just used great beginnings. Very happy with all.

Check out www.ebates.com and see who participates. I think you can just go there and search for Britax and the retailers will come up.

Oh, www.target.com *sometimes* runs free shipping, but otherwise aren't the cheapest choice because lots of others offer free shipping all the time.

HTH! How's it going in your new home??

edited for clarity.
edited again to fix link!!

amp
03-27-2006, 01:46 PM
Thanks Kelly! The new house is wonderful! But we are just now finishing up the sale of the KC house (fingers crossed), so it's been a bit stressful!

Thanks for the recommendations on websites. I hate to use anyone that I don't know is reputable and I know there's a ton of baby sites that aren't much good. I bought Jake's seat at Kidsurplus, and I think they do still have some too. And I have never used Traveling Tykes, so I'll look into that too and see how "old" they are.

I figured Target wasn't a great deal because of shipping and tax. I think I can get free shipping and no tax elsewhere.
Thanks again!

jeanum
03-27-2006, 02:41 PM
FYI, Target.com currently has free shipping on the Marathon and there is a code for 10% off at Target.com through 3/29; the code is TCDLRSLE. I think you can go through Ebates for a rebate for Target.com orders and combine it with the 10% off. HTH.

amp
03-27-2006, 03:59 PM
Thanks Jean! I used to get those Target codes all the time, but not since moving and changing my email address! So that's very helpful. The 10% off w/ free shipping will give me a better deal than just tax free w/ free shipping! Thanks again!

Laurelh
03-27-2006, 05:20 PM
When I was buying a Kettler off of Great Beginnings, I saw that they had Marathons on sale for $219 and free shipping. I had just bought one at Target and now have buyers remorse. I guess I should have looked before I bought- LOL.

http://www.greatbeginningsonline.com/manufacturer/index.asp?F_DEPARTMENT_ID=&MANUFACTURER_ID=77&VIEW_ALL=Y

Alys the Cat
03-27-2006, 10:09 PM
I bought mine -- in the Portland pattern -- at babycatalog.com. Since it's a discontinued print, I was afraid it might have been on the shelf for a while, but it was drop-shipped from Britax and the manufacture date was February 2006. Not bad!

It cost $219, with no sales tax and free shipping. It's a neutral beige and looks just fine in my boring Accord! :)

Not sure what kind of a deal you're getting at Target, but this might be worth looking into. They have a few other patterns at that price...

amp
03-27-2006, 10:10 PM
Most every place has the same patterns in the same prices. For example, some places have the Microdot for sale at 219, but you can find that at most places that carry that pattern. Likewise, the Cowmooflage pattern that I got is not 219, but rather 269 everywhere. So I got the better deal at Target because I knew which pattern I wanted and I got free shipping, which I wanted and I got 10% off w/ the code. I got a better deal that way than I could have anywhere else on my chosen pattern.

tjham
03-29-2006, 12:56 AM
>FYI, Target.com currently has free shipping on the Marathon
>and there is a code for 10% off at Target.com through 3/29;
>the code is TCDLRSLE. I think you can go through Ebates for a
>rebate for Target.com orders and combine it with the 10% off.
>HTH.

I read this just after I ordered one from Target, so I cancelled and reordered through ebates. But I've never done it before. What happens now?
>
>

kellyotn
03-29-2006, 01:59 AM
They just send you a check every couple months (quarterly maybe) with your rebate. Its pretty nice, lots of places I shop use ebates. Its never a big check for me, but doesn't hurt! Its always a nice surprise when it comes in the mail.