PDA

View Full Version : Sigh. I saw the Recaro Young Sport. Loved it but.....

kellyotn
03-27-2006, 06:58 PM
my DD at her lastest ped appointment weighed in at 38 lbs. I thought was was 35.5 per our scale. Two lbs isn't much harness time. I'm so bummed, I was all set to get one.

She's only 3.5 years old, fairly tall. She LOOKS so light to me, I can't fathom that she's nearly "too big" for 40 lb seats! I can't imagine putting her in a booster anytime soon. She's too tall to buy a second MA (no one to pass it down to).

Looks like we'll be moving her CowMoo back and forth this summer. Ick.

Stupid Cosco should have made a higher weight-limit Scenera-like seat instead of the Apex with its lame headrest issue. (Won't work in the truck).

Why is this so hard? grr.

skipspin
03-27-2006, 10:51 PM
I too have been lusting after the Recaro for my DD, but I have decided to wait. She has a WZ and a Chase now and is 31ish lb at 2.6 yrs. I really don't NEED another seat, although it would be nice since we have three vehicles and I always have someone else's kid too. So I am going to try to wait and not get something else until I need to pass the WZ down which will be at least a year. If it only went to 45 lb I would just have to talk my DH into it...

On the positive side I seem to move my WZ several times a week and I have gotten really good at it, even RFing, since we are just starting to FF her on a regular basis. The only install I wasn't fast at was RFing without LATCH in our Wrangler.

Joy

Joolsplus2
03-28-2006, 09:56 AM
Wonder if the Radian would fit in your truck... It's not my most favoritest seat, but if it fits, it's not too bad. Bitsy is 6.5 and still has at least an inch of torso growth in there, it should fit her till she's at least 7
http://photobucket.com/albums/y255/joolstag/?sc=1&multi=1&addtype=local&media=image
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

kellyotn
03-28-2006, 10:26 AM
I've thought about it. But, our USA Baby, TRU/BRU's don't have them. I guess I could ask if they are expecting them sometime. I haven't checked Once Upon a Child, maybe I'll run over there today. ;)

I'm kinda thinking it won't fit well because its a F-350 full cab and the seats are very non-contoured (bottom and back). So, I definitely don't want to order one w/o trying it. Just seems condusive to being loosey-goosey.

Who knows, though, it could fit great! I'll be sure and let you know if I can get my hands on one!