PDA

View Full Version : HUGS vs no HUGS?

tjham
03-30-2006, 06:43 PM
I have read in several places that the reason the FP Safe Voyage only goes to 55 lbs is because it does not have HUGS like the Britax seats. It seems that, logically, that means the Britax seats would be OK to use without the HUGS up to 55 lbs. Would that be a possibility for those people who really seem to dislike the HUGS system? (as long as they keep the HUGS and put them back on when and if their child reaches 55 lbs and still fits, height wise).

Joolsplus2
03-31-2006, 09:05 AM
Care to take a wild guess at what customer service would say to THIS question? :D

It's a good question, though, actually. I'll ask the Britax reps at Lifesavers when I go next week (I hover around them like a deranged fan, lol).

Funny they have a 55 pound weight limit, anyway...there's only a 48 pound dummy...they must have some snazzy computers to do the math (they only test 40 pound seats with the 33 pound dummy, so they do lots of computer interpretations on that, already).

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

hipmaman
03-31-2006, 05:41 PM
Interesting thought, Julie. I wonder how much actual testings is done and if there is any/how much computer simulation are done.