PDA

View Full Version : How to Get 3 Across in Back Row of 2001 Honda Odyssey??

Sallysmom
04-03-2006, 07:51 AM
I need to find a way to fit three children in the back row of a 2001 Honda Odyssey. Two of the children are in boosters, and one is in a convertible forward-facing. The kids in boosters need to be able to buckle themselves in. Please let me know which seat combinations have been found to work. Thanks!

o_mom
04-03-2006, 08:04 AM
Two Britax Starriser Comfys and a Graco Cargo will work. Turbo Boosters are too wide for kids to buckle themselves. Also, you have to put the Cargo to one side, not in the middle.

ETA: This is just one combo that I know works, I'm sure there are others. A convertible may actually be better because the base is narrower where the buckles go.

Elizasmom
04-03-2006, 12:47 PM
Thanks. Are you saying that the Cargo has to be on the side with the Starrisers, or is that just with the Turbos?

o_mom
04-03-2006, 02:30 PM
The TurboBoosters will fit, but the kids won't be able to buckle themselves, you have to get back there and wedge the belt in to get it to latch.

For the Starrisers, it wouldn't work with the Cargo in the middle, so we put it on the driver's side. I don't know if it would work on the passenger side. The kids also need to be able to use the Starrisers in the narrower positions. If they have to have it all the way out (older kids) then it probably won't work.

You may be able to fit a convertible in the center position, we didn't really try that at all, since we got the Cargo to work.