PDA

View Full Version : Side Air Bags - which vans?

Piglet
04-03-2006, 11:51 AM
We are beginning our search for a minivan and one of the big deal-breakers for me is the side curtain airbags. I am trying to compile a list of all vans that have side curtain airbags. So far, I am aware of the following:

2006 Kia Sedona/Hyundai Entourage (all models)
2005-2006 Toyota Sienna (all models)
2005-2006 Honda Odyssey (all models)

I am sure there are many others, but I have not been to the other dealerships. Could you please help me with this list? Are there any other years for these cars that have them as options? I would love to buy new, but if budget is a concern, I would look into a used model if it came with the side curtain airbags.

Thanks,
Marina

jeanum
04-03-2006, 12:45 PM
Actually on the '04-'05 Sienna, the side curtain airbags weren't available on the CE base model but they were optional for all '04 and '05 LE and XLE models and standard equipment on the XLE Limited versions. Starting with the '06 model year, all Siennas have them as standard equipment including the CE base model. I have an 8-passenger '05 LE Sienna with the airbags. When we were shopping early last year, it was hard to find a new one with 8-passenger seating and the airbags but even harder to find a used one. I didn't want a van without them so we bought a new one. Actually, the few used models without the airbags on the market locally at the time were nearly as expensive as a brand new one with the airbags. HTH.

May_Flowers
04-03-2006, 09:40 PM
We just purchased a new Sienna on Sat and one of the major draws was the side curtain airbags plus it already had a trailor tow system installed. BTW we found it was a better deal to buy new than used since the used were selling for so much despite having 25K plus miles. We got a great deal of 3000 off MSRP and the 4.9% apr.