PDA

View Full Version : Which 2 seats for 99 Honda Accord? (non-latch)

kalebsmama
04-03-2006, 09:21 PM
I got some good ideas this week for what to put my DS in now that he has outgrown the RA that we currently have in our Accord. I was thinking about moving his Marathon from our van into the Accord for both kids to use and buying him a new seat - possibly the Recaro Young Sport for our Odyssey.

We have always had only one seat in the Accord since we use the van if driving with both kids. We keep the seat in the center because it seems like the safest place. However, I put DD in the Marathon tonight to check it out and she would need the straps at the 2nd highest slot where DS needs them at the highest. Her shoulders are a bit below the 2nd slots from the top.

So I see my options being to keep her RA in there and put the Marathon or a new Recaro in there for DS. I'm worried about the fact that DH is 6'4" and needs the seat all the way back. It's his car. Would anyone be comfortable sitting behind him? Could DD use the Marathon with the straps at the top slots so we could just have one carseat?

Anyone else have 2 carseats in an Accord - with a tall driver? Oh, DS is 4, 41" and 34lbs. DD is 2.5, 35" and 30lbs.

Thanks for any suggestions! I'm almost ready to just leave the RA in there for DD and only let DS ride in the Odyssey!!

kellyotn
04-03-2006, 09:33 PM
Ick, I tried going to Britax's website to see which one has the easily adjustable heights. Took way too long for their little movie to load.

Anyways, check into the Blvd or the Decathlon, one of 'em doesn't have "slots" and can be adjusted on the fly. I don't think you'd want to use the slots in the wrong place for the smaller child. So, if you want to keep only one seat in there, I think you'd have to go that route. I'm sure there are other brands w/o slots, but I don't know....

FWIW, I had two MA's, one FF and one RF in a 1994 Accord COUPE when our 4 door was in the shop. Wow, was it tight and it sucked getting the RF kid into his seat, but it fit. (I'm not 6'4" though!) But a FF seat shouldn't bother the driver I wouldn't think (except maybe for the kicking....)