PDA

View Full Version : MA crotch strap problem

momofjoshuanlogan
04-05-2006, 10:25 PM
My ds who just turned 4 and weighs around 40#s is complaing that the crotch strap on his MA hurts his private parts. Is it possible to adjust the crotch strap on the MA or am I out of luck. I know my dh is not going to want to buy another carseat.
My 7yo ds is in a graco turbo booster. We have a 2001 century next step dx forward facing/ booster seat that the 7yo used for a few months after he grew out of his FP safe embrace, and until he was big enough to use the graco TB.
I don't really care for the century booster it is not padded and does not protect the head. I do not want to use it for my 4 yo because it does not seem safe plus he is immature and is always trying to climb out of the marathon.
Can I adjust the strap on the marathon or do I need to figure out how to convince dh to buy another carseat for the 4 yo?
Karen

Splash
04-06-2006, 09:02 AM
The only problem with the MA...
Nope, you can't adjust it. And that sucks.
I really thought about not buying a BV for that exact reason, but decided to take the chance. Most kids aren't bothered by it, but some are.
Try loosening his harness a bit. Not loose enough to be unsafe, but it doesn't have to be super tight. Also if you take off the belly pad you will get a bit more wiggle room.

Joolsplus2
04-06-2006, 09:06 AM
Try calling 1-888-4BRITAX and ordering the 'modified eps foam' for older kids... the shoulder part of the foam is missing and it 'seems' to give all around more space to bigger kids (using the top slots), which I think might help with all tightness issues. Also, be sure to loosen the harness when he gets out of the seat, or before you try to buckle it, then there's no cramming when you are buckling up, and then ONLY pull till the harness is snug on his shoulders...no need to really crank him in there to be safe...just make sure it's snug on the shoulders and that might loosen things up a bit in the crotch.

Fingers crossed he's comfy in that seat for another year or so!
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx