PDA

View Full Version : Is this chest clip too high?

SI_Mommy
04-06-2006, 07:54 AM
I was at the gas station last night, and the man who was in front of me came up to me and said he thought Kayla's chest clip was too high and it would choke her in the event of an accident. Does this look too high? I told him it needed to be level with the arm pits, and he did say his children were no longer in seats, but he thought he should tell me the "black thing" was too high and would choke her? I read these boards religiously and thought she was in the seat correctly - should the clip be lower?

Leslie, mommy to DD Kayla 03/26/03, DS Ryan 01/26/05

elliput
04-06-2006, 08:06 AM
Daddy drive-by! Ignore him, as you have the chest clip in the correct position.

o_mom
04-06-2006, 08:07 AM
Looks OK to me, but the angle makes it hard to tell. What I have done (and taught DH to do) is put my hands under their armpits like I was lifing them up and then make it level with my thumbs. Sometimes it is hard to tell where their armpits are because of clothing, etc. Most parents have the clips WAY too low, so he was probably used to seeing them that way. ;-)

ETA - when I looked at the picture again, you can see what I'm saying about the clothes - the armpit of the sweater is probably 2 in lower than her actual armpit.

DebbieJ
04-06-2006, 08:07 AM
Looks fine to me!

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03
2 year check up: 25 lbs with clothes on and 35 inches!
BFARed for 20 months and 6 days
(Breastfeeding After Reduction is possible! www.bfar.org)

http://www.bfar.org/members/fora/style_avatars/Ribbons/18months-bfar.jpg

SI_Mommy
04-06-2006, 08:10 AM
OMG - I tend to do the same thing just to make sure it's in the right place, and DH is trained to do the same thing. I couldn't understand how he thought it would hit her in the neck, and he probably is used to seeing it on the belly on far too many kids. Thank you - I was so miffed, because family and friends are always teasing me about being neurotic about car seats.

SI_Mommy
04-06-2006, 08:10 AM
Thank you for all of your quick responses!!!