PDA

View Full Version : How do you pronounce Britax?

Piglet
04-06-2006, 10:13 AM
So for years and years, I have been pronouncing it a certain way that I thought was correct. I just called their 1-800 number and was shocked to hear it done a different way. Without telling you which is which, I would love to know how you pronounce it.

Neatfreak
04-06-2006, 10:51 AM
It never even occured me to that I could be saying it wrong! I'll wait patiently for your big reveal :)

daniele_ut
04-06-2006, 11:01 AM
I did the same thing last year! I was pronouncing it wrong and when I called Britax for something was surprised to hear how they pronounced it.

tg_canada
04-06-2006, 11:16 AM
Okay, if it's "Bright-ax" I'll just be wigged out. There are based in Britain aren't they? So, it would make sense to be "Bri-tax", right? But then again, making sense isn't what this world is all about. :)

tg_canada
04-06-2006, 12:36 PM
I just had to call Britax USA to ask about Companion certification for Canada (which if anyone is interested it is still not yet certified but in progress) and they said "BRIGHT-AX"!!! Argh, that is weird! Everyone I spoke to did have an accent though so I wonder if there's a chance they just have a different pronunciation? I'd like to call the Britax number in England to find out how they say it, but can't make a call out of North America from where I am right now.

luckymommy
04-06-2006, 12:55 PM
Piglet - I discovered the same thing a couple of months ago when I called them to ask if the new Fisher Price seats would be available in Canada. I have been mis-pronouncing it for years apparently!

By the way, the response was that the FP seats would not be available in Canada. Has anyone heard anything contrary to this?

Ohio_Mom
04-06-2006, 01:25 PM
Yep, it's Bright-ax. I think most people pronounce it differently, though. People look at me like a freak when I say it the right way, LOL!

Joolsplus2
04-06-2006, 05:05 PM
An English friend of mine says they should pronounce it Brite-ax in the UK, but they mispronounce it there, too! (I usually would get Brits saying Breetax! That's weird...).

Wanna have a Graco poll, too? ;)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

jujucb
04-06-2006, 05:54 PM
I was told a long time ago it was Brite-ax. But I hear it pronounced all sorts of ways here. So I always say "Do you have the Roundabout by, you know, Brite-ax/Brit-ax/Breetax?" Then I let the clerk correct me with what they think is right lol!

Same thing with Peg Per-e-go/Per-EEE-go/Per-Ray-Go ;)

Joolsplus2
04-07-2006, 08:17 AM
Oh yeah, Strollerqueen taught us how to pronounce Peg Perego, didn't she?

And Chicco is actually Keek-co.

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

annasmom
04-07-2006, 10:02 AM
So funny you are posting about this now, because just the other day I was wondering how to say it, and I remebered a very similar post from a few months ago. Of course, in that post I learned I had been saying it wrong, but by now I have forgotten how to say it correctly!

annasmom
04-07-2006, 10:03 AM
O.k., I am intrigued, how do you say Peg Perego?? And, Keek-co??? I NEVER would have guessed that one!

elliput
04-07-2006, 10:20 AM
My neighbor is British and she was even unsure of how to pronounce it when we were talking convertible seats last fall. I think we were debating if it was BRIT-ax or bri-TAX ("i" sound same for both, just emphasis on syllabel). Boy, were we both way off!