PDA

View Full Version : infant and toddler,which seats?

signsing
04-06-2006, 03:00 PM
I have a six month old who will be outgrowing the snugride soon(and I'm sick of carrying it it stays in the car a lot already) and I have a nearly 3 year old who is outgrowing the touriva in height. The touriva is in my mom's car and we bought it since it was narrow. What is a narrow next step. I figure I'll turn the touriva around and get a ff carseat.

Now in my car I have an alpha omega which he hasn't outgrown yet but is in the close. I'm thinking about getting a britax but am unsure if I should use the cosco rf for the infant and buy a new ff for my bigger kid. Or if I should just buy 2 new seats. THat however could be expensive.

Any advice?

Betsey

Joolsplus2
04-07-2006, 08:27 AM
The Graco Ultra or Platinum or Cherished (why so many names? it's all the same seat! just different covers, really) Cargo is very narrow and is a quite-nice harnessed seat, I'd look at it first. You could get a Marathon for the older kiddo to use for a few years, then get her a dedicated booster seat (as low as $10 for a backless model), and hand the Marathon down to the baby at that point, maybe?
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx