PDA

View Full Version : PROBLEM FINDING THE RIGHT TODDLER BOOSTER SEAT

KATHYHAMMER
04-06-2006, 05:30 PM
I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR THE BEST BOOSTER SEAT THAT HAS A 5 POINT HARNESS UNDER $100 AND HAVE LOOKED AT ALL THE REVIEWS AND AM REALLY CONFUSED. MY DAUGHTER IS ALMOST 4,38" tall and weighs 34lbs. SHE IS OUTGROWING HER BRITAX ROUNDABOUT(SHOULDERS) AND THE HARNESS STRAP IS TOO SHORT(HAS BEEN FOR ALONG TIME AND CAN HARDLY BUCKLE HER WITH WINTER COAT ON). I AM LOOKING FOR ONE THAT IS EASY TO INSTALL, STAYS TIGHT, HAS 5 POINT HARNESS WITH ENOUGH STRAP, HIGHER SLOTS(SHOULDERS-SO SHE CAN USE HARNESSS FOR AWHILE), HAS ENOUGH PADDING(COMFORTABLE),
IF POSSIBLE A GOOD HEADREST SO HER HEAD DOESN'T FLOP WHEN SLEEPING AND CAN BE USED AS BOOSTER LATER AND BELT STAYS TIGHT ENOUGH WHEN USED AS BOOSTER. I PREFER TO SPEND NO MORE THAN $100-$120. MUST FIT A DODGE DAKOTA TRUCK(4 DOOR).

ANY SUGGESTIONS? THERE SEEMS TO BE SOMETHING WRONG(ACCORDING TO REVIEWS) WITH EVERY SEAT I LOOK AT. THANKS!

Splash
04-06-2006, 06:59 PM
Please turn off cap locks!
Go with the Graco platinum CarGo. It meets all your requirements and costs about ninety bucks.

kellyotn
04-06-2006, 10:55 PM
The Evenflo Bolero/Generations supposedly makes a better booster than the Cargo. (But the Cargo makes a slightly better harnessed seat.)

The problem with the Cargo is that it can, on some kids, keep the belt too far away. And, its optional belt guides can allow slack if the child moves forward and pulls the belt forward in the guides. (It doesn't allow the belt to naturally retract. The Evenflo's belt path is "open", so the belt will fall back same as an adult belt.) Again, it is optional though, if the belt fits w/o needing the guide, its not a problem. But, you can't know how a small child will end up fitting when you're a long ways away from needing the booster feature.

The Evenflo does have Evenflo's knob adjuster, which people love or hate. And it'll seem flimsy compared to an RA, but I haven't heard many big cons for this seat.

The Cosco Apex 65 keeps a child harnessed until 65, then becomes a good booster. Its pretty wide and REQUIRES that the vehicle have headrests which support the Apex headrest. (The mid-point of the child's head when seated in the Apex needs to be at or below the vehicle's seatback/headrest.) So it won't work in some cars with low seatbacks and no headrest, but a good choice if it works on yours. Its $130 at Toys/Babies r Us and Walmart.

I new post here is talking about the new SafeGuard GO harnessed booster. No reviews yet, but looks interesting!

HTH